ADVERTISEMENT

I have a shocking announcement

2PoorTUFans

I.T.S. University President
Jan 19, 2008
Part of me is ashamed that I am publicly stating this, but I am officially on Team Tebow. I don't know how he keeps doing this, as he throws a football about as well as I do, but that guy is fun to watch. All he does is win.

Every single week the Broncos game turns into the craziest :crap: imaginable. So I am sad to say, I am now pulling for the guy to continue to succeed. You may now heap your scorn and insults upon me.

I still despise him. I still despise the Broncos, Elway, Pat Bowlen's fur coat, and that jackass who wears the barrell to the games.

Originally posted by chito_and_leon:
I'm a fan of their kicker. How many monster and/or clutch field goals has that guy hit? Without him there's no story here.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

True story, Prater was arrested for DUI and hit and run in my neighborhood!

Janikowski would kick Prater's ass. Then show him how to get a real DUI.

In all seriousness though, the Raiders are going nowhere w/o McFadden healthy. It's like if the Raiders have to travel more than 1,000 miles to a game, they mail it in before they even get off the plane. I can accept getting roadkilled by GB, but last week at Miami was inexcusable.

I keep waiting for the wheels to fall in Denver, maybe he really is the second coming of Chuck Norris.

Chiefs fired Haley this morning.

Originally posted by Steve Zissou:
I keep waiting for the wheels to fall in Denver, maybe he really is the second coming of Chuck Norris.

Chiefs fired Haley this morning.

They'll fall off in a big way this offseason when teams have a chance to sit back and really dissect the Broncos option offense. It'll be a one year wonder, just like the Wildcat was.

LEC: I posted that yesterday on the wall of a Tebow hater I know. It is a really funny video.

I'm a fan of their kicker. How many monster and/or clutch field goals has that guy hit? Without him there's no story here.

UCF product.* :smug:

*Even tho I will never forgive him for missing a game tying XP in overtime of the 2005 Hawaii Bowl.

Originally posted by brahmanknight:

UCF product.* :smug:

*Even tho I will never forgive him for missing a game tying XP in overtime of the 2005 Hawaii Bowl.
He looks like a serial date rapist. You should be proud.

Hard not to like Tebow. One of the nicest human beings on the planet, and he keeps proving the doubters wrong. It's kind of amusing watching the national sportscasters try to make sense of it.

Sorry 2 poor can't root for the Broncos....its "Mr Ed's" fault...

Go TU!!!

Originally posted by Tu Geo:
Sorry 2 poor can't root for the Broncos....its "Mr Ed's" fault...

Go TU!!!

Uhhh... ok.

You know you could just make "Go TU!!!" your signature so that you wouldn't have to type it at the end of every post.

I'm all in on Tebowwwwwwwwww. Everyone constantly hates on the guy and he keeps getting it done with a smile on his face. It cracks me up hearing the lame excuses people throw out as to why the guy can't succeed after being 7-1 as a starter.

Being a Razorback, I've hated Tebow for YEARS.

However, I don't have quite as much hatred for him as I used to.

I do admire that he's able to take things like Stephen Tulloch Tebow-ing after sacking him in good fun.

I also admire that he is able to stay true to his faith and abstain from sex (especially as a star pro QB in today's culture). I'm all for that if that's truly what he believes. It's really quite impressive. Nothing I would ever do, but still very impressive.

However, I HATE the way he tries to portray himself. I mean, as if his abstaining from sex and being a devout evangelical isn't enough, he has to put forth such effort to appear "perfect" everything- perfect kid, perfect human, perfect teammate, perfect son, perfect christian, and on and on. It's like, "OK TEBOW, WE F'ING GET IT ALREADY! YOU'RE BETTER THAN ALL OF US (minus about 40 pro QBs who throw the ball/read defenses better than him) AND WE SHOULD ALL WORSHIP YOU!!!"

Seriously, the way he comes off in interviews "First of all I just want to thank God and my teammates we just strive everyday we work so hard and everyone of them deserves this!"... It's not even so much what he says, as how he says it, it just comes off so fake, like he's out of breath just from talking so highly. That doesn't get you any respect where I'm from (talking like that, not the content/what he actually says). Minus starting off with "I want to Thank God first and foremost," that I really do hate. All athletes say it, some honorable christians some not. It's like "OK, WE GET IT, YOU BELIEVE AND GOD AND YOU'RE THANKFUL! THANK HIM ON YOUR OWN TIME!" Why do they need to tell us they are thanking God?

Maybe part of that is because when I was in high school and someone would get up on stage to accept an award or something and they'd start off with that "I want to thank God line," the audience would just erupt and cheer harder for that than anything else they say. It's almost cult like, and it was especially the african-American crowd that reacted that way, and they reacted about 50x harder when a black person would say that than when a white person would. Foreal what's the point?

The other thing about Tebow, we understand all the things you do in the off-season. We understand you go to Thailand or wherever on mission trips, we get it! Why are you going to Prison? What makes you think you can save them? What makes you think they can relate to you AT ALL?! Cause they may have played football? GTFO of here... he has no business being in a prison. The prisons have priests there to help those that want to be "saved" get saved. Tebow doesn't have to go save as many people as he can in prison. As if he can forgive them for everything those guys have done? PLEASE! YeAH RIGHT!!!

Part of it is cynical America just not being able to believe that someone can be that good, so in a way, it is refreshing that someone can go out there and actually put their money where their mouth is and behave in the manner they actually preach. BUT, we (America) have had enough of his BS dancing (not physically dancing, some of you may get what I'm trying to say here) on camera and his flaunting his greatness to all of us.

For the love of God, just play football and do everything else on your own. And pass that GF of yours on to someone that will reward her for looking so damn good.

/endTEBOWrant

Rippin, your comment about him an evangelical christian explains why he says what he says on camera. He wants to spread the word of God. I'm with you it gets annoying and frustrating when you are just trying to watch as a football fan. I have always had a hard time understanding the evangelical way of spreading the message of God. It's too pushy for the average person in America.

I think Tebow is refreshing in sports.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT