ADVERTISEMENT

Houston Thread

The officiating is poor, but our play is worse. This team doesn't know where they are supposed to be on court. Taplin and Korita are only players I trust with ball.

Reactions: lynesrun
And Houston has figured out to trap Igbanu when he gets the ball. They've done it the last three times and he's the only passing option they're making available. Birt's kind of pointless on the court right now...

I think I might just play Taplin and Battle, Etou, Igbanu, and Magnay and go big on them. Maybe Tap and Battle can pass and block out. Henderson is hot enough to play offensively though. Bad passes are killing us.

Igbanu needs to be told by a coach where to look when doubled. He will get this a lot the next few years since he is such a good post scorer.

The off-season will be interesting. Ole Haith will have a little pressure on him. Not "lose your job pressure", but the concern will begin.

Igbanu needs to stop waiting for the double to get there. Either take it to the hole or pass

Don't think we have anyone on this team that can guard Gray. Shaq could.

When the football team got down I had confidence they would come back and win or have a chance to do so. I don't have that confidence in the BB team.

Houston is garbage inside so let's clog the line and leave their really good shooters open. Not sure Van Beck has stepped inside of the three pt arc on the offensive end ever...so let's leave him open out there.

Reactions: URedskin54
No Korita this half. But too much Birt, Henderson, and Wheeler. Our perimeter D gets all screwy with them. Where's Igbanu?

There's Igbanu, but we take Junior out. Makes sense.

Down 10. 7:20 to go. Don't take Taplin, Igbanu, and Etou out. You can but whatever other two players you want. Hell, put in Big E.

Reactions: TUBballJunkie
I'd go hard with Igbanu and Etou with Houston only playing Chicken as a big. Haith is afraid they can't stay with the shooters...he's probably right but we need to force Houston to adjust to our attack instead of the other way.

I think it's time to give C Haith his three minutes. He can't be any worse

Down 10. 7:20 to go. Don't take Taplin, Igbanu, and Etou out. You can but whatever other two players you want. Hell, put in Big E.

Is big E behind the bench today? I see him back there a lot.

I think it's time to give C Haith his three minutes. He can't be any worse

I'd prefer Battle but as I type this I suspect he won't be allowed in until little Haith gets some PT.

We are getting killed on boards, have a clear advantage inside, and we keep our four less than awesome guards in.

Really hard to watch us get back in it and then immediately give up a hustle offensive board and a 3. Every time.

Wow... I know they are young but 25 games into the season, they should be playing better...

It's not like they walked onto a basketball court together for the very first time...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT