ADVERTISEMENT

Houston Game Thread

Deandre already starting out motivated. Woodard too. Shaq and Shaddy active on defense
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Marquel with a terrible turnover there and then called for an unfortunate and 1 on the other end

Close... But I wanted the charge in favor of Curtis there.

Whistles will play a big part.

Yes he did. Houston already showing that every team shoots the 3 better against us. They're terrible in every other game from outside (minus Stiggers)

WHY DOES EVERY TEAM RAIN THREES ON US AT A HIGH PERCENTAGE!!!

Ahhh!

Jesse, was about to post the same exact thing. USF was terrible last night from 3. Houston shot a lot but weren't great from 3 on Sunday.

Apparently our perimeter defense sucks. I mean, the stats kinda support that. Not sure if it's a real problem or if they're just getting lucky

Win or lose...

LOL at the three dozen in attendance. Didn't Houston give US crap for football attendance? At least our stadium is at least 50%, 25%, 10%... Dare I say at least 5% filled? Unlike their basketball arena?

Wtf? We are a long time rival, conference leader, and they had a hot hand last game.

Our zone isn't working against their long range bombers. Bring Shaq back & play man to man.

We are Not guarding the three. 3 D 1 coaches on our bench surely scouted them.

Curtis is late rotating to the shooter every time. That's 4 by my count where he has failed to rotate to the open man behind the arc. Not sure where his head is right now. And Dre still hasn't learned that they are calling the shoulder plow against him every time. Thought the first call against him was bogus but the 2nd was so easy my 9 year old called it

Won had Ray Reese shoot the FF over Jordan. Dumbest decision ever.

1-6 on FF. Should have gone in up 1. We will likely go in to half down 5. Miserable. Miserable half.

Raining threes by Houston.

Crappy shooting, turnovers, and crap rebounding.

Horrible. HORRIBLE final play.

Easily worst playing of the year.

And we're only down 5? I guess I'll take it. But this team may run out of lives tonight if they don't start hitting their freebies.

They have scored all their points from the 3 or in the paint...

I am not sure if Houston has even tried a mid range jumper yet.

However, when the D gives you the 3 and the paint why even shoot from the mid-range!

Woodard doesn't get last shot off in time ! Typical of our first half. Woodard suddenly can't shoot FTs. We played right into their hands. Houston is a one on one, street ball team. We started trying to copy them. I think Haith should've called timeout much earlier in the half.

We better be a completely different team in the 2nd half, defensively & intensity wise, or we will lose this game.

Reminds me of the SEOSU game...

Jumps out hot...gets too comfy...stops guarding.

Then, has a problem regaining intensity.

Definitely need Shaq back in...

Tulsa is bound to get penalized for sloppy play. The way this game is going it might be this one.

It looks like someone convinced Dre that is better to dunk the ball instead of throwing it at the board from two feet.

Shaquille hurt, Woodard having horrible game.... someone else needs to carry us.

ESPN apparently saved on expenses by hiring local Houston announcers.

I saw it mentioned that Houston likes to jack the 3, but this its insane how many 3s they throw up. Not sure why they think it's a good idea to run the court and jack 3s against us but go right ahead.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT