ADVERTISEMENT

Houston Game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe not Crean (I would still give him an interview), but there are so many good options out there.

Agree that Haith won’t be gone this year...but, the next 6-8 games will probably decide his fate.

Reactions: Gold*
Maybe not Crean (I would still give him an interview), but there are so many good options out there.

Agree that Haith won’t be gone this year...but, the next 6-8 games will probably decide his fate.

Honestly, if we are talking retreads, let’s look at Wojcik.

I don’t disagree though. This is a disaster. I don’t want to say anything offensive, but it reminds me of a scene in Tropic Thunder about going full something that sort of sounds like rebarb.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
Most youth leagues have a mercy rule...

Seriously though, if this is the best that Haith can recruit and bench coach then there needs to be genuine discussion about the future.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Most youth leagues have a mercy rule...

Seriously though, if this is the best that Haith can recruit and bench coach then there needs to be genuine discussion about the future.

Here’s the thing. I like the talent on this team, other than the lack of shot blocker. We need one of 93 guards to dominate, but there a couple who look like they could if they were coached right. I don’t understand what exactly is wrong other than we aren’t that great on defense, play a couple of subs too much, and weren’t ready tonight on offense.

Crap on the officials calling the game.

Serious question. Are there any officials that don't receive, the officials are bad comment.? How about we played like dog poop tonight.

I’m publically apologizing for getting in a couple of you about being critical of Haith. I’m eating crow.

This is bad.
That is all I was trying to say the other night, we need change. I want a team the city of Tulsa can be proud of, we need new leadership starting from the top

Just disagree. Our guards are out of position and we have no real point guard.. No one can break down a defense or best his guy off the dribble making teams double. We are an average to below average 3 point shooting team. We are not quick handed and slow first step on defense. We are weak inside and our hands are not good. We have no shot blocker and Im not sure there is anyone that can shoot a layup with their non dominant hand. We play 3 out of 5 of our players out of their talent given position because we did not recruit correctly.
The substitution pattern is indeed puzzling but maybe necessary.
We are just bad,not horrible but below average. The 160 or so ranking we will get is about right for the talent we have.

Serious question. Are there any officials that don't receive, the officials are bad comment.? How about we played like dog poop tonight.

Hess and Steed are really the worst. Hess was banned from the ACC and Steed is has something wrong with him.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW and TUMU
Here’s the thing. I like the talent on this team, other than the lack of shot blocker. We need one of 93 guards to dominate, but there a couple who look like they could if they were coached right. I don’t understand what exactly is wrong other than we aren’t that great on defense, play a couple of subs too much, and weren’t ready tonight on offense.

We have some talent ( very few teams have no talent) but we don’t have top tier talent for this league. Summit league maybe. But not the AAC.

We have no leadership. None on the floor. None on the bench.

We have no one that wants the ball. That one guy with ice in his veins and lasers for eyes.

Reactions: Lumpuckeroo
Seriously... give them $20 apiece and let them hitchhike Home. I wouldn’t waste jet fuel on performances like this.

Reactions: Weatherdemon
This game was especially bad, and bad in a way that destroys our strength inside. You listen to the radio broadcast, they went on about it for a long long time. But simply put we didn't adjust, and thats on Haith, and the tenor of the team. As I said in the game thoughts, this team lets the least little thing get them out of sync.

As somebody posted earlier, the next few games could seal the fate of the season, and maybe Haith's fate.(even if that fate doesn't happen for another season or two)

We have some talent ( very few teams have no talent) but we don’t have top tier talent for this league. Summit league maybe. But not the AAC.

We have no leadership. None on the floor. None on the bench.

We have no one that wants the ball. That one guy with ice in his veins and lasers for eyes.

Yeah that’s too harsh. We have six or seven guys who can play. A couple more that I don’t get mad when they come in. Jackson is as good as a last man off the bench as we’ve ever had. He would dunk on Damario Hooper every day of the week. There’s one player I don’t like and everyone knows who that is.

It’s not a talent issue. We have decent enough talent. Bet you dollars to donuts Wojcik would plus one me if he had an account.

Yeah that’s too harsh. We have six or seven guys who can play. A couple more that I don’t get mad when they come in. Jackson is as good as a last man off the bench as we’ve ever had. He would dunk on Damario Hooper every day of the week. There’s one player I don’t like and everyone knows who that is.

It’s not a talent issue. We have decent enough talent. Bet you dollars to donuts Wojcik would plus one me if he had an account.

When you get crushed by almost 40 In Houston and blow double digit lead in Memphis, there is a talent issue. We do not have the horsepower for this league.

Wojcik would agree but only because he was satisfied with the CBI.

Reactions: TULSARISING
When you get crushed by almost 40 In Houston and blow double digit lead in Memphis, there is a talent issue. We do not have the horsepower for this league.

Wojcik would agree but only because he was satisfied with the CBI.

You’re just wrong. There is talent out there. The defense doesn’t make sense. Some nights we look like world beaters. Every third game we do this. I’m glad you watched your first game of the season tonight. Watch the next two before saying we don’t have talent.

You’re just wrong. There is talent out there. The defense doesn’t make sense. Some nights we look like world beaters. Every third game we do this. I’m glad you watched your first game of the season tonight. Watch the next two before saying we don’t have talent.
We have OK talent, but not enough to where we can consistently compete in the AAC, Junior is the closest thing we have to being good, the others are just average

I’ve watched several and sat behind the ESPN broadcasters at a couple of Home games...

The talent isn’t there.

Reactions: TULSARISING
That’s a lot of words for FOT.

I have watched every game for 20+ years. We have talent. We have had teams with no talent that would have played better. Talent isn’t the only issue. We could use a couple of other pieces. I’d complIn about the defense and coaching.

ESPN3. That’s Big Al, JV, and a wounded duck.
That’s a lot of words for FOT.

I have watched every game for 20+ years. We have talent. We have had teams with no talent that would have played better. Talent isn’t the only issue. We could use a couple of other pieces. I’d complIn about the defense and coaching.
The " talent" we have is going to get beat by 20+ on Saturday

For the learning disabled: FanofTulsa, atufan, and TulsaFalling is the implication he was going for.

Reactions: Gold*
For the learning disabled: FanofTulsa, atufan, and TulsaFalling is the implication he was going for.
He should have just said that then, FOT makes no sense, but then again, this is someone who thinks we have AAC talent

Also if anyone is learning disabled, I would lean more towards the guy that says we have good talent after watching us get beat by more than 30 against Houston

This is not the definition for FOT that he was going for: 'this is someone who thinks we have AAC talent'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT