ADVERTISEMENT

House approves marijuana on Federal level 🤦🏽‍♂️

What’s bad about this? It doesn’t get rid of state laws on the issue. What it does mean is that in states where this is big business, like Oklahoma, you can have bank accounts and file bankruptcy.

I am no fan of the industry and think it’s overhyped crap that probably has caused more harm than good. But you can say that about a lot of industries. There is a legitimate problem for good people doing lawful business that this legislation stops.

What’s bad about this? It doesn’t get rid of state laws on the issue. What it does mean is that in states where this is big business, like Oklahoma, you can have bank accounts and file bankruptcy.

I am no fan of the industry and think it’s overhyped crap that probably has caused more harm than good. But you can say that about a lot of industries. There is a legitimate problem for good people doing lawful business that this legislation stops.
Federal employees and the Military fall under the word Federal

This is good. Anyone in the military who isn't an idiot knows how to get away with smoking weed anyhow.

I'm sure there will be some republican opposition to this, but I'm not sure why. "Weed is mostly fine" is about the only thing MAGA and libs agree about in my experience

Last edited:
No issues with this whatsoever. Appears the Fed’s are catching up to the direction the states’ having been heading over the last few years.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW

Thats not an argument. Do you know how logic works? That’s just not a coherent, cogent response.

This is good. Anyone in the military who isn't an idiot knows how to get away with smoking weed anyhow.

I'm sure there will be some republican opposition to this, but I'm not sure why. "Weed is mostly fine" is about the only thing MAGA and libs agree about in my experience

Will be interesting to see if they let the senators from Georgia touch this. I bet McConnell scuttles it.

Thats not an argument. Do you know how logic works? That’s just not a coherent, cogent response.
I forget I have to spell everything out. Anybody that has a security clearance or associated with the gov was prohibited from smoking marijuana. We are frequently drug tested. It is a huge shift.

That has nothing my to do with to to is legislation. I forgot not to waste my time on you.

That has nothing my to do with to to is legislation. I forgot not to waste my time on you.
Are you a troll or just DUMB! If this is no longer a Federal Crime than Federal employees who live in states that have legalized marijuana laws can smoke.

Oh nos. Someone gets to smoke weed!!!

Oh nos. Someone gets to smoke weed!!!
Your lack of reading comprehension caused you to overlook the fact I wrote that it was merely a huge shift in policy and expressed no opinion one way or another.

Your lack of reasoning skills proves the opposite. You’re really freaking stupid.

• Haha
Reactions: bluegold70
I forget I have to spell everything out. Anybody that has a security clearance or associated with the gov was prohibited from smoking marijuana. We are frequently drug tested. It is a huge shift.
It doesn't have to be illegal to make it against regulations for the military, especially if you have security clearance. So it doesn't necessarily change a thing.

See above statement. I let you pick which one.

Reactions: Clong83a and Gold*
Sure. And? I am a federal contractor. But my employer can still set standards if it wants, including for things like security clearances.

Alcohol is legal, and it is perfectly legal to be a drunk. But good luck getting a security clearance if they figure out you are an alcoholic. I am not allowed to be drunk at work, even though drinking is legal. I get called in for random tests that include alcohol. If marijuana is still on their list, then I still risk my career by partaking, legal or not.

Bottom line, if the feds decriminalize or legalize marijuana at a federal level, I highly doubt anything would change for employers like mine. But it would make it easier for people in the business to do banking and pay their taxes.

Reactions: Gold*
Mj is just like beer, so I've heard.
Driving drunk; breathalyzer.
Driving with mj. What is the site test?

Mj is just like beer, so I've heard.
Driving drunk; breathalyzer.
Driving with mj. What is the site test?
That is a real concern. But here's the thing: MJ being legal or not, it is still illegal to drive under the influence. That's not up for debate. So nothing is really changing on that front. It is a problem, and will be a problem either way. It's not like making pot legal will suddenly make it more accessible to people who otherwise weren't already using. The access is almost universal already.

Sure. And? I am a federal contractor. But my employer can still set standards if it wants, including for things like security clearances.

Alcohol is legal, and it is perfectly legal to be a drunk. But good luck getting a security clearance if they figure out you are an alcoholic. I am not allowed to be drunk at work, even though drinking is legal. I get called in for random tests that include alcohol. If marijuana is still on their list, then I still risk my career by partaking, legal or not.

Bottom line, if the feds decriminalize or legalize marijuana at a federal level, I highly doubt anything would change for employers like mine. But it would make it easier for people in the business to do banking and pay their taxes.

We’re having to handle some marijuana law. There are a bunch of absurd corporate shell games people go through to get around these laws. Like they run several different LLCs for different functions of the business. It’s all a sophisticated version of “that’s not my weed man.”

And then they have a security company that makes all the profit. There are a lot of issues that happen when you have investors, regulators, and so on. Among my causes, I’ve become very critical of abuses of corporate forms and related tax avoidance.

This will open up financing options for weed ventures. Not that they haven’t found investors and credit unions to fund the same. That said, not being able to borrow money from a bank or have closing issues because of the inability to procure title insurance has made acquisitions more difficult and costly. I’ve personally have been forced to turn away real estate transactions because I knew the plans for the property. I see little downside to the Fed’s following the direction of the states.

We’re having to handle some marijuana law. There are a bunch of absurd corporate shell games people go through to get around these laws. Like they run several different LLCs for different functions of the business. It’s all a sophisticated version of “that’s not my weed man.”

Contrast this approach with the sentences handed out in Texas and other elsewhere in the 70's a 80's for being caught with weed. Are there still people in jail for what is now no longer a federal crime?
The other drug area that is changing is psychedelics such as peyote and even LSD. Now that research is again being allowed into these drugs, the research is finding that they are much less toxic and often more beneficial than RX drugs being routinely prescribed. There's an excellent book on the subject by Michael Pollan: How to Change Your Mind.

Great news, to be honest. It's easier to control this way. You will have the same Marijuana laws in all the states, and this really is good news for all of us stoners out there. I love how everything changed in only a few years, from being illegal to being able to buy it online in shops like justcannabis.shop. You are shopping for joints, edibles, etc. like you are shopping for clothes online. I love the progress we have made in the last few years. More, and more people realize that Marijuana is not something sent by the devil to make us bad, it's a magical flower that makes our lives better.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT