ADVERTISEMENT

Happy Veteran's Day

old_goat_23

I.T.S. Senior
Dec 4, 2003
Redneckistan
A great day to remember so many who gave so much. Many thanks to all the veterans on this board and all of my friends who still go "in harms way" on a daily basis.

Today I will hit the American Legion and hoist many glasses to my friends, family and brothers who have made the ultimate sacrifice in crappy places like Iwo, Okinawa, Korea, Vietnam, "Desert One", Grenada, Panama, Somalia, Bosnia, Lebanon, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen and a host of other places. Always a good day to be amongst the 1% (OK, more like .5% these days but what the heck) who choose to serve.

Take a moment today and say "thank you" to somebody you know who has served in the military. They deserve it, regardless of what they may have done while in. Trust me, the worst day of your life was probably better than riding a Huey into a hot LZ or humping 80 pounds of gear around the mountains of Afghanistan.

"Absent Companions"

Carry on.

Very much agree. Kudo's to those veterans who are in now. Don't forget the older vets from WW11 and Korea who are vanishing and from VN who might not have been well received upon return.

The last WW1 vet died this year. Special thanks to WW11 vets who are now our oldest generation of vets.

Thanks all Vets.

Nice gesture by the TU Band at tonights game, playing the military songs.

old goat and TUMe and all the others that so faithfully served our country...Thank You!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT