ADVERTISEMENT

Haggerty Sets AAC Record

I think POY will be between David Jones from Memphis and Jonell Davis from FAU. Haggerty should have FOY wrapped up.
If we were close to the top of the standings then he would have a shot at POY even being a freshman. Just can’t justify giving it to someone on a sub 500 team in conference

Is he at least 1st team all conference? And if he sticks around he should be the Preseason POY next season.

Is he at least 1st team all conference? And if he sticks around he should be the Preseason POY next season.
Should be, but the same holds true in the eyes of the talking heads. He's a freshman playing on a .500 squad. Complete Bullsh!t of course, but you simply can't fix stupid.

Reactions: Bill Lowery
He will be Freshman of the year in the AAC and second team ALL-AAC.

Reactions: alchemy
He will be Freshman of the year in the AAC and second team ALL-AAC.
2nd team seems like a slap in the face considering he's one of only 2-3 players in the top 10 in multiple statistical categories (FG %, FT%, Assists and steals) and the 2nd leading scorer in the conference at 20+ per game. He's attempted 70 more FTs than the next highest person.

He's easily one of the top 5 players in the conference this season.

2nd team seems like a slap in the face considering he's one of only 2-3 players in the top 10 in multiple statistical categories (FG %, FT%, Assists and steals) and the 2nd leading scorer in the conference at 20+ per game. He's attempted 70 more FTs than the next highest person.

He's easily one of the top 5 players in the conference this season.
Since he is a freshman on a sub 500 team no way he makes first team.

Reactions: rusty-c
Since he is a freshman on a sub 500 team no way he makes first team.
That's BS and not his fault. Just like the NFL MVP trophy should go to the best player, not the best player on the best team. I will stand firmly that last year's NFL MVP (2022) should have been Josh Jacobs, and when you consider how bad the Raiders were and that Jacobs had one of the best seasons all time as a RB, he should have been MVP.

Jones is likely going to be POY in the American as he leads or is top 5 in several stats in the AAC, but Haggerty is the next best player, looking at stats. Hopefully Don Tom is working some magic with league media for Haggerty's inclusion in 1st team all conference.

That's BS and not his fault. Just like the NFL MVP trophy should go to the best player, not the best player on the best team. I will stand firmly that last year's NFL MVP (2022) should have been Josh Jacobs, and when you consider how bad the Raiders were and that Jacobs had one of the best seasons all time as a RB, he should have been MVP.

Jones is likely going to be POY in the American as he leads or is top 5 in several stats in the AAC, but Haggerty is the next best player, looking at stats. Hopefully Don Tom is working some magic with league media for Haggerty's inclusion in 1st team all conference.
I am 100% with you on MVP. Most Valuable Player award...Not most valuable player on a playoff only team. I hate that sports penalize someone because the team they play on. To me it means not only was he good but he did it with no to little help from his team. Of course Emmitt Smith was good because he played behind the best OL ever, Barry Sanders had to do it behind one of the worst and if he kept playing he would be the record holder. That's more impressive to me.

Might be BS but it is what it is. As for Josh Jacob’s. He single handedly cost me the Championship in fantasy that year. He is on my crap list.

I am 100% with you on MVP. Most Valuable Player award...Not most valuable player on a playoff only team. I hate that sports penalize someone because the team they play on. To me it means not only was he good but he did it with no to little help from his team. Of course Emmitt Smith was good because he played behind the best OL ever, Barry Sanders had to do it behind one of the worst and if he kept playing he would be the record holder. That's more impressive to me.
It's impressive to you, I, and many others because we utilize common sense. If we were beat writers for any of the other markets, were opposing coaches that needed to elevate their stature through promoting their own players, ignorant fan boys of stars, etc. we would prove to be just as ignorant as those that are going to utilize the arguments that he's a freshman on a .500 team. Hell we can't even depend on our local media to have TU's back due to their personal agendas.

Reactions: nevadanatural
Might be BS but it is what it is. As for Josh Jacob’s. He single handedly cost me the Championship in fantasy that year. He is on my crap list.
HAHAHA. Just the opposite for me because I had Jacobs and he was just a freaking points machine last year.

Checked out freshman award. USF & Temple have two freshmen who have won it 2 times each, and then Haggerty 14 times. So Haggerty is 14-4 in freshman of the week honors. Hopefully he can take us to that same record in conference play next year!(14-4)
If Konkel can lure a big bruising five that can catch and score with his back to the basket to complement Haggerty then we may be in business.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
If Konkel can lure a big bruising five that can catch and score with his back to the basket to complement Haggerty then we may be in business.
I don’t know. Reed was coming off the top rope on a couple of those guys Saturday. He has been getting better each game

I don’t know. Reed was coming off the top rope on a couple of those guys Saturday. He has been getting better each game
100% agree, but having a fully developed man in the middle while Reed continues to work on his body and bag of tricks would sure alleviate some of the pressure and give him time to develop. I think Reed has in many ways exceeded expectations and we will see a ton of growth from year one to two. What excites me about him is year three and four.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT