ADVERTISEMENT

Global Warming

TUMe

I.T.S. Legend
Dec 3, 2003
July 16 at 6pm in Tulsa 68 deg. F.

Now I know that it's just weather. But remember that if it is 112 in couple of weeks.

NOAA just reported that temperatures in North America have actually cooled by 0.4 degrees C over the past decade. While it's a very short time period the data is good news at least for our part of the world.

Get out the blankets and turn up the heat.
eek.r191677.gif

Global warming isn't fitting the reality. They can "model" all the studies they want, but when its in the 50's in Oklahoma in mid July, we must be skeptical of the science and the scientists that put together those studies in the first place. But sooner or later, it'll get warm again just like sooner or later it'll get cooler. And in thousands of years it will be either warmer or cooler than it is now. That is the reality. Its been this way for centuries.

Originally posted by TUMe:

Now I know that it's just weather. But remember that if it is 112 in couple of weeks.
I think you may have accidentally mistitled the thread. Global warming implies the entire globe. You only included the temperature for Tulsa.

Originally posted by lawpoke87:
NOAA just reported that temperatures in North America have actually cooled by 0.4 degrees C over the past decade. While it's a very short time period the data is good news at least for our part of the world.
Also not the entire globe, but more importantly it's not a report from the NOAA, but rather a flawed analysis of data provided by the NOAA (specifically the US Climate Reference Network) from the Heartland Institute.

Originally posted by voetvoet:

I think you may have accidentally mistitled the thread. Global warming implies the entire globe. You only included the temperature for Tulsa.
Thanks, for playing Captain Obvious. The words "Now I know that it's just weather" concede that in my post. Both sides are guilty of taking local weather as an example of what they believe. If you will read the second part and have been a reader of this board, you will notice that the advocates of "climate change" have been more than happy to blame droughts and high temperatures on climate change. I'm simply saying that you can't have it both ways. If unusually hot, dry local weather is a given as an example then unusually cool weather can be reported as well.

Concerning Lawpoke's post, you correctly point out that data is subject to being manipulated to make a point. Flawed, as you say. But either side is capable of and has cause to manipulate data. Of course, one side is a White Knight trying to rescue us and the other is a group of ignorant biased people.

This post was edited on 7/17 8:41 AM by TUMe

Originally posted by lawpoke87:
Also not the entire globe, but more importantly it's not a report from the NOAA, but rather a flawed analysis of data provided by the NOAA (specifically the US Climate Reference Network) from the Heartland Institute.
So... only a govt agency can accurately skew the data?

This post was edited on 7/17 7:54 AM by noble cane

So us heathens here in Hicksville aren't a part of the globe anymore? Cherry picking goes both ways. But the reality is that we can't always be the exception to the fact here in middle america.

Lets face it, science would be better served if they'd stay out of the prediction business since their predictions have reversed themselves over the last several decades. But in neither instance have they (scientists) admitted to be wrong. The "sky is falling" junk science was obviously an attempt to get more funding from the middle class they profess to be saving from climate armageddon. It was wrong.

The climate radicals need to move on and go to the next science fiction movie script that Hollywood will be only too willing to write. Lets call it "The Day the Earth Blew Up". Written and produced by Nobel/Oscar winner Al Gore. Fracking causes this giant crack in the earths surface along all the earths major fault lines spewing oil and natural gas onto the earths surface which catches fire resulting in the possibility of a planetary explosion similar to what occurred to the Klingons in Star Trek. The leading scientists must come to the rescue. Will the scientists be able to save us all or will a selected few have to build an atomic powered vessel to escape and go to the planet "Utopiaburg" billions of miles away?

I'm sure there'll be a long list of possible leading actors. Matt Damon, George Clooney, Sean Penn come to mind. Leading ladies might be Sandra Bullock, Eva Longoria and Jane Fonda in a comeback role.

This movie is rated R for gratutitous sex, violence and adult language.
nerd.r191677.gif

And just today, 7/18/14....

Climate Records Shattered in 2013

By By Becky Oskin, Senior Writer 12 hours ago

View photo

Surface temperatures in 2013 compared to average temperatures since 1981.

If global warming could be compared to middle-age weight gain, then Earth is growing a boomer belly, according to a newly released report on the state of the global climate.

Climate data show that global temperatures in 2013 continued their long-term rising trend. In fact, 2013 was somewhere between the second- and sixth-hottest year on record for the planet since record keeping began in 1880, according to the climate report, released Thursday (July 17) by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). (Four groups of scientists, who rely on slightly different methods to calculate global surface temperatures, ranked 2013 slightly differently compared with other years.)

The annual State of the Climate report compiles climate and weather data from around the world and is reviewed by 425 climate scientists from 57 countries. The report can be viewed online.

"You can think of it as an annual checkup on the planet," said Kathryn Sullivan, NOAA administrator.

And the checkup results show the planet ranged well outside of normal levels in 2013, hitting new records for greenhouse gases, Arctic heat, warm ocean temperatures and rising sea levels.

"The climate is changing more rapidly in today's world than at any time in modern civilization," said Thomas Karl, director of NOAA's National Climatic Data Center. "If we look at it like we're trying to maintain an ideal weight, then we're continuing to see ourselves put more weight on from year to year," he said.

Climate scientists blame rising levels of greenhouse gases, such as carbon dioxide, in the atmosphere for the planet's changing climate. The levels of carbon dioxide in Earth's atmosphere at Mauna Loa Observatory in Hawaii hit 400 parts per million (ppm) for the first time in 2013. The worldwide average reached 395.3 ppm, a 2.8 ppm increase from 2012, NOAA reports. (Parts per million denotes the volume of a gas in the air; in this case, for every 1 million air molecules, 400 are carbon dioxide.) [In Images: Extreme Weather Around the World]

"The major greenhouse gases all reached new record high values in 2013," said Jessica Blunden, a climate scientist with ERT, Inc., and a NOAA contractor who helped write the report.

Most parts of the planet experienced above-average annual temperatures in 2013, NOAA officials said. Australia experienced its warmest year on record, while Argentina had its second warmest and New Zealand its third warmest. There was a new high-temperature record set at the South Pole, of minus 53 degrees Fahrenheit (minus 47 degrees Celsius).

Here are the highlights from the report:

Sea level continued rising: Boosted by warm Pacific Ocean temperatures (which causes water to expand) and melting ice sheets, sea level rose 0.15 inches (3.8 millimeters), on par with the long-term trend of 0.13 inches (3.2 mm) per year over the past 20 years.
Antarctic sea ice hit another record high: On October 1, Antarctic sea ice covered 7.56 million square miles (19.5 million square kilometers). This beats the old record set in 2012 by 0.7 percent. However, even though the Antarctic sea ice is growing, the continent's land-based glaciers continued to melt and shrink.
Arctic sea ice low: The Arctic sea ice extent was the sixth lowest since satellite observations began in 1979. The sea ice extent is declining by about 14 percent per decade.
Extreme weather: Deadly Super Typhoon Haiyan had the highest wind speed ever recorded for a tropical cyclone, with one-minute sustained winds reaching 196 mph (315 km/h). Flooding in central Europe caused billions of dollars in damage and killed 24 people.
Melting permafrost: For the second year in a row, record high temperatures were measured in permafrost on the North Slope of Alaska and in the Brooks Range. Permafrost is frozen ground underneath the Earth's surface. The temperatures were recorded more than 60 feet (20 meters) deep.
Arctic heat: Temperatures over land are rising faster in the Arctic than in other regions of the planet. Fairbanks, Alaska, had a record 36 days with temperatures at 80 degrees Fahrenheit (27 degrees Celsius) or warmer. However, Greenland had a cooler than average summer.
Warm seas: Sea surface temperatures for 2013 were among the 10 warmest on record. Temperatures in the North Pacific hit a record high in 2013.

This post was edited on 7/18 9:30 PM by eastcane

From the article:

Sea level continued rising: Boosted by warm Pacific Ocean temperatures (which causes water to expand) and melting ice sheets, sea level rose 0.15 inches (3.8 millimeters), on par with the long-term trend of 0.13 inches (3.2 mm) per year over the past 20 years.

Since no one goes out in the Ocean with a ruler, this is a calculated value. It may well be correct. If it is true then the sea level has risen 2.6 inches in the last 20 years. If that trend continues till the end of the century it would mean a rise of one foot. Hardly the gloom and doom we are hearing. Because we are humans who live about 80 years or so, the time since 1880...135 years...seems like a long time. It's not so much so in 5 billion years. In fact, the temperature was not even widely recorded in the US in 1880. Because this country was agriculturally based the first records kept by the government were daily rainfall. What was the temperature at Tulsa International Airport on July 19, 1880? Oh, there wasn't such a place. I'm sure we could look up the temperature in London and it was well measure as would be Paris. How about Phouch Vinh Vietnam or where cities now are in Brazil. What was the temperature 30,000 years ago in what is now Bagdad?

In any event, that wasn't the topic of this thread. My point was quite simple.

Our good friend Eastcane comes on every time there is a forest fire or flood or a hot dry spell and tells us we are to blame and that the world is doomed because of my big 2.0 liter car which runs on gasoline. We need to shut down electric plants and all drive electric cars. [maybe we all need to become Amish.] He is certainly well within his rights to do that.

All I am saying is that if you can find gloom and doom in everyday weather, when we have a nice cool July, then I'm free to point that out. The truth doesn't lay in the worst disaster in today's news or in the nicest day anywhere. It may be that the ocean has risen 1.3 inches in the last decade. Perhaps I should drive down to Panama City Beach and sit on the beach drinking beer and study it. Nah...too close to hurricane season and it's cooler here.

Some other recent article titles written by Becky Oskin (eastcanes researcher noted above):

1. Californias Water Crisis Could Trigger Earthquakes

2. The Yelling and Stomping of Seahawks Fans Monday Registers As An Earthquake

3. Scientists Have A Long Tradition Of Eating Their Research Subjects

4. Too Much Deer Pee Is Changing Northern Forests

5. Earthquakes Turn Water Into Gold

I kid you not! Just google her name and some of the articles she has written.
roll.r191677.gif

These are examples of some of the wackos behind all this global warming garbage. Thanks for bringing this up ---- again.

This post was edited on 7/19 11:24 AM by rabidTU

Never said the world was doomed TUME, but you'd be remiss to not point out what is happening on the rest of our most lovely planet. Gosh, there is a scientific reason for our lovely April weather this week here in the Bible Belt, and it's called Typhoon Neoguri, which has blasted the Far East for days. Typhoon Neoguri is directly responsible for our cool down here, and for the strong ridge that has built over the Pacific Northwest of the US (California, Oregon, Washington), resulting in record heat for them and horrific wild fires up and down the West Coast the last several days. Let's not ignore what's happening elsewhere, it indeed matters. Typhoon Neoguri was so strong, so unusual, that it dramatically altered the jet stream through the US, and hence the unusual heating or cooling we're experiencing in this great land of ours.

This post was edited on 7/19 12:57 PM by eastcane

This cool down and amplified ridge over the northwest had been forecast for over two weeks. Well before the Typhoon could have possibly effected the forecasting models. The Typhoon may have played a small part in the extent of the cool weather (we've never seen these conditions here in July since records have been kept) but the deep trough had been forecast well before the Typhoon.

These last two summers have been absolutely wonderful in the central parts of the U.S. Hoping we can extend the streak next year.

I was only basing my conclusions on actual weather professionals. This forecast model was
printed out on 7/11, and explained quite clearly why were we were getting ready to drop down to historic lows.

Remnants of Neoguri to Usher in Cooler Air Into Midwest, East for Mid-July

Remnants of Neoguri to Usher in Cooler Air Into Midwest, East for Mid-July

Days after Neoguri takes a curved path over Japan and into the northern Pacific, much cooler air will drive southeastward across the Midwest and into the Northeast.

Neoguri was a super typhoon over the northwestern part of the Pacific Ocean to start the week. Even though the system is no longer a typhoon, it will have impact nearly half a world away.

The cause and effect of a typhoon curving away from Asia is well known among the weather community.

"A southward dip in the jet stream over Asia is what is turning Neoguri out to the east," according to AccuWeather Senior Meteorologist Joe Lundberg.

4F7226A9EC546DB89AE1F5A8D890.jpg

The jet stream is a fast river of air, high in the atmosphere, that guides storms along and allows fair weather systems to build over a particular region.

"If you think of the jet stream as a really long jump rope and start to shake one end up and down, eventually those waves will show up at the other end of the rope," Lundberg said.

However, the shape of the jet stream is constantly changing.

57101F85D6238FAF1B3F555FF792.jpg

The dip in the jet stream over eastern Asia now will show up over part of the central and eastern United States approximately six to 10 days later.

"The dip in the jet stream could lead to temperatures averaging 5 to 10 degrees F below normal," Lundberg said.

732DEBC1B469D6ED1DAF31A1B3C51.jpg

The greatest temperature departures from average will be over the Upper Midwest to the central and northern Appalachians. The cool air will lose some of its punch along the I-95 corridor.

During a two- to three-day stretch, we are potentially looking at highs in the 70s around the Great Lakes and the low to mid-80s in the I-95 corridor. The effect of strong sunshine may negate the coolness by day. However, where it stays cloudy during the day, temperatures may be significantly lower than currently forecast.

"The most noticeable impact may be at night, when temperatures could dip into the 50s in Midwest cities, near 60 F in the I-95 mid-Atlantic and the 40s in the central and northern Appalachians," Lundberg said.

RELATED:
Forecast High Temperatures for US
AccuWeather Hurricane Center
Neoguri to Target Japan

There have been multiple waves of cool air this spring and summer over the Midwest and Northeast, but it is likely that this will occur during what is typically the hottest part of the year. This may make this particular episode more impressionable.

The cooler air is likely to reach its peak in the Midwest Monday to Wednesday and then in the East Wednesday into Friday.

"Some cooler and less humid air can even reach into part of the South for a time next week," Lundberg said.

After a shallow push of cooler and less humid air, not associated with the typhoon, runs its course later this week, a warmup will occur ahead of the big push of cool air next week.

The warmup will occur this weekend into early next week but could be strewn with clouds, showers and thunderstorms.

"As the big push of cool air begins, one or more waves of severe weather may be possible during the first part of next week," Lundberg said.

While the East turns cool next week, the West will face scorching heat with the highest dangers in the Northwest.

This post was edited on 7/19 5:53 PM by eastcane

Cause and effect, Neoguri dramatically effected the jet stream. Glad I could help.

Impact of Neoguri on U.S. weather
While the remnants of Typhoon Neoguri will not impact the U.S. directly, the large and powerful nature of this storm has set in motion a chain-reaction set of events that will dramatically alter the path of the jet stream and affect weather patterns across the entire Northern Hemisphere next week. Neoguri will cause an acceleration of the North Pacific jet stream, causing a large amount of warm, moist tropical air to push over the North Pacific. This will amplify a trough low pressure over Alaska, causing a ripple effect in the jet stream over western North America, where a strong ridge of high pressure will develop, and over the Midwestern U.S., where a strong trough of low pressure will form. This jet stream pattern is similar to the nasty"Polar Vortex" pattern that set up during the winter of 2014 over North America, and will cause an unusually cool third week of July over the portions of the Midwest and Ohio Valley, with temperatures 10 - 20°F below average.

Dr. Jeff Masters

I was basing me opinion on the longterm weather models and discussions the week prior to the 11th. Both the European and NA model showed an unusually strong trough forming over the Midwest which was predicted to bring unseasonably cool air to the eastern two-thirds of the country. There was no mention of any effects from a Typhoon in any of those models. Like I said I understand the reasoning but find it odd that this pattern was predicted pre-typhoon.

Your Author, Jeff Masters, also blamed global warming on the cold weather and heavy snow storms which plagued the eastern half of the nation this past winter along with "interesting" ideas.

This post was edited on 7/19 6:15 PM by lawpoke87

From a report on the weather channel; global warming is real..
it is caused by a 'polar inversion'. The magnetic field
around the earth is deminished and allows more solar energy to pass causing
the earth to warm.

Sorry algore and bho; it is NOT caused by man.

IT'S ALL NATURAL!

Charts graphs and drawings (such as those above) seem to be the basis of the global warming science. Reality is what you feel, see and experience in your own home, neighborhood and town not some computerized "picture" or special effect.

Anytime a chart or drawing is used to prove someones idea of reality, it isn't reality, it isn't proof. And all the hoping and wishing by the radical left won't make it so.

Besides you cannot prove a prediction. You cannot prove a "model". You cannot prove a theory. All the scientists cannot "prove" MMGW using these "devices" as evidence.

For a very long time - most of his adult life, Einstein didn't believe in the big bang theory until he was bullied by those who disagreed with him and he finally gave in. Thats just one example among many of why we need healthy skepticisim in science. If we aren't careful, we all can be bullied into thinking something is true that actually isn't. And if there's govt funding involved and the lieberals pushing it, that is the reddest of red flags.

Originally posted by rabidTU:

Reality is what you feel

And all the hoping and wishing ... won't make it so.
I must say that I am disappointed Voet. That is the kind of post I would expect from WATU2. Find the weakest thing that you can from the other side, post it, and feel superior.

I just happened to find those words particularly poetic.

I enjoy myth busting the misconceptions surrounding global warming, but I have no response for someone who doesn't believe in empirical data and that theories cannot be proven through the scientific method.

In those instances, I find it's better to just let the speaker's words stand on their own.

Lol, Tume condemns you for taking a cheap shot by taking one of his own. Classic!.

VV thanks for serious posts; they are about the only reason to ever check out this board. East's posts also have merit too.

IOW you may be a throw back:

MINNEAPOLIS (The Borowitz Report)?Historians studying archival photographs from four decades ago have come to the conclusion that the U.S. must have believed in science at some point.
According to the historian Davis Logsdon, who has been sifting through mounds of photographic evidence at the University of Minnesota, the nation apparently once held the view that investing in science and even math could yield accomplishments that would be a source of national pride.While Logsdon has not developed a complete theory to explain the United States’ pro-science stance during that era, he attributes some of it to the liberal views of the President at that time, Richard M. Nixon.

8ur923dteDNpEDlx0cKkIhUK-ItzIIoQkomyhr6qcnIcqZoiJFvc_Y3zQbie5wN-uxcTCApTath9zPhimwS2OliuDDBOKbTXIAMmsp1eZUVICPvWo5sb5080sFymnpE-qW1W56dNDbIZx4uPMurcqU45Soo=s0-d-e1-ft

This post was edited on 7/21 2:00 PM by WATU2

Please TUME, there is a wealth a comments from Rabid that can be singled out for ridicule, it's really an endless list man. Like where do you start?

This post was edited on 7/21 2:01 PM by eastcane

Originally posted by eastcane:

Please TUME, there is a wealth a comments from Rabid that can be singled out for ridicule, it's really an endless list man. Like where do you start?

This post was edited on 7/21 2:01 PM by eastcane
Eastcane, you are right...but that makes it really too easy.

WATU2, please except my apology. I thought I was on your ignore list and I was merely saying it behind your back. I did take a cheap shot at you but you've earned it over the last 10 years. Actually, I don't think Voet took a cheap shot at Rabid by the standards of this board. He pointed out an incongruity in the two statements. My point was that he did so rather than arguing a point of substance.

I am very much a believer in the scientific method. In the scientific method examination never ceases. Newton had gravity all figured out. What could be more simple, but then Einstein stood it on it's head. So now researchers are finding out Einstein missed it by just a little. An quantum mechanics changes ever time someone builds a bigger "cyclotron."

First, the greenhouse principle seems pretty secure. But seems rather odd that of all the forces that could change the earth's temperature only CO2 concentration can be going on now. Secondly, the greenhouse does not predict temperatures. Most people would recognize that a trend that has been followed for the last 10 or 20 may not be predictable for 100 or 200. Finally, these predictions come from computer simulations. Things called parameters are plugged in. Small errors in these compounded over decades can be significant.

There seems to be a policy that if you are not believed you need to say it LOUDER, more often and more dire. And by the way NOAA, USGS, and NASA need more money to study it.
This post was edited on 7/22 3:50 PM by TUMe

Reality is what you feel
So reality isn't real? If it feels cool it isn't? If the thermometer over the furnace reads its hot but in the next room its cold to the touch, then in reality is it hot? If manufacturing data and models prove wrong then it won't make it right no matter how you wish it to be so.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by voet

And all the hoping and wishing ... won't make it so.
So if you hope the temperature is what it isn't and the weather proves you are completely wrong, your position is still right because you believe what you want, not the reality? OK. Got it!

Reality is what you feel
So reality isn't real? If it feels cool it isn't?

--------------------------------------------

Okay, your post makes a bit more sense, Rabid. You didn't mean "feel" in the sense of emotional feelings or beliefs, you meant what you are able to actually physically perceive.

This post was edited on 7/22 3:59 PM by TUMe

Reality is what you feel
So reality isn't real? If it feels cool it isn't?

--------------------------------------------

Okay, your post makes a bit more sense, Rabid. You didn't mean "feel" in the sense of emotional feelings or beliefs, you meant what you are able to actually physically perceive.

This post was edited on 7/22 3:59 PM by TUMe
My feelings are hurt.
roll.r191677.gif

Actually I work out in the weather a lot mowing grass - at my rentals. I was yesterday. I have been for years.

Why is it that those pushing MCGW the most are usually outside in the weather the least? That shows me that they really have no concept of this argument. A lawyer in his office, doctor in his study, a computer tech in his shop don't experience it when everything is added up. All they do is sit and peck on a keyboard about what its like for the other guy. But that other guy is out in it and knows about it first hand. Most of them I know think GW in general is completely bogus. If they believed GW was real they'd be the first to push the view they don't currently share.

This post was edited on 7/23 12:08 PM by rabidTU

First, the greenhouse principle seems pretty secure. But seems rather odd that of all the forces that could change the earth's temperature only CO2 concentration can be going on now. Secondly, the greenhouse does not predict temperatures. Most people would recognize that a trend that has been followed for the last 10 or 20 may not be predictable for 100 or 200. Finally, these predictions come from computer simulations. Things called parameters are plugged in. Small errors in these compounded over decades can be significant.

There seems to be a policy that if you are not believed you need to say it LOUDER, more often and more dire. And by the way NOAA, USGS, and NASA need more money to study it.
Thank you for being reasonable.

Yes, there are many factors in play when considering climate change and global warming. The reason that we discuss CO2 isn't because it's the only factor, but because we can directly trace the source of this CO2 increase and that CO2 emissions are increasing at a rate much faster than these other factors.

The greenhouse effect alone does not control temperatures, but increasing the effect increases the temperatures. That's the issue.

When considering projections, I often think we'd all be better off ignoring these complex models and just considering the simplest model possible:

We know CO2 emissions have increased since the Industrial Revolution.
We know that CO2 emissions will continue to increase if no changes are made.
We know that increased CO2 in the atmosphere increases the global average temperature.
We know that increased global temperatures lead to many other, potentially damaging changes to the climate.

Acknowledging that, it seems obvious that we should be addressing this issue, not ignoring it.

Thank you for being reasonable.

Yes, there are many factors in play when considering climate change and global warming. The reason that we discuss CO2 isn't because it's the only factor, but because we can directly trace the source of this CO2 increase and that CO2 emissions are increasing at a rate much faster than these other factors.

The greenhouse effect alone does not control temperatures, but increasing the effect increases the temperatures. That's the issue.

When considering projections, I often think we'd all be better off ignoring these complex models and just considering the simplest model possible:

We know that increased CO2 in the atmosphere increases the global average temperature.
We know that increased global temperatures lead to many other, potentially damaging changes to the climate.

Acknowledging that, it seems obvious that we should be addressing this issue, not ignoring it.
Good post Voetvoet,

As we see the West (US ,Canada, Europe and Australia) are moving to limit CO2 and make changes to offset its effect on the climate but one wonders with economic growth in countries like China, India and later Africa and the associated increase in CO2 emissions that anything the West tries to accomplish will have much impact? I've heard this discussed but never seen actual numbers to quantify.

Do you have any idea what CO2 levels China, India etc. are projected to emit over the next twenty years as a percentage of Worldwide CO2. Does the decrease in the West have any hope of offsetting the increase in the East? Are will looking for CO2 emmissions to increase worldwide for years to come?

You ask the question that is very logical, "We know that CO2 emissions will continue to increase if no changes are made." Are they going to increase even if the West begins to emit less? If the answer is yes, then many of the doomsday forecasts regarding sea level change will occur no matter what attempts the West try to abate CO2 levels.

I realize one must start somewhere but with all the histrionics on both sides surrounding the issue it gives one little hope of a resolution.

Thanks in advance Voetvoet.

GO TU!!!

I also want to personally thank some of the posters on this site for continously bringing up the GW issue for more and more and more and more and more debate. Unfortunately, I will have less time for it this weekend because of the Gunshow at the Fairgrounds. But I hope to catch up when its over.

So thanks - thanks again.
roll.r191677.gif

Funny thing about charts... humans are much more likely to blindly believe a chart than what someone tells them.

That's why charts are used so much, especially by those who want you to tank them for the s**t sandwich they are feeding you.

Earth's been around for billions of years, any weather data beyond a few decades is suspect because of collection methods and accuracy of the collection equipment. Not saying we shouldn't reduce pollution or recycle everything we can just saying people should stop being so "Chicken Little".

As the chart at the link shows... you suck...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Sde9PQqXqAc/TTXcnOZGqVI/AAAAAAAAAI8/Q2yfy_W6IAk/s1600/down_graph-blog_thumbnail1.jpg

Originally posted by Tu Geo:

Does the decrease in the West have any hope of offsetting the increase in the East?
Not any time soon, but I don't think that means we stop trying. We have to hope that our advancements in alternative energy become economically feasible enough to be attractive alternatives for these countries.

Keep in mind that the 'leader of the free world" has been unwilling to participate in multinational efforts to address these problems. The US's refusal to participate much less lead undermines global efforts to address these problems and gives other countries an excuse to avoid hard decisions as well.

Yes its the US's fault again. We are once again the villain of mankind and we need to be eliminated from world leadership - "Down with the U.S.A!". The world will be better off without us!

Originally posted by WATU2:
Keep in mind that the 'leader of the free world" has been unwilling to participate in multinational efforts to address these problems. The US's refusal to participate much less lead undermines global efforts to address these problems and gives other countries an excuse to avoid hard decisions as well.
Oh, btw, what problem is it this time?
This post was edited on 7/30 1:35 AM by rabidTU

WATU2 posted on 7/29/2014...

To be fair these efforts seem to center on the industrialized nations sending trillions of dollars to those countries just now entering the 21st century economy in the hopes of deterring them from using fossil fuels thus adding to the perceived problem. Such a payment from the U.S. (which has a $19T federal debt not including our unfunded entitlement obligations) will never go over with the American people.

Getting a world-wide consensus as long as there is a wealth shifting element among the nations is going to be a very hard sell.

-------------------------------------------------
What caused all the GW in the past, before these horible Humans enveded the Earth?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT