ADVERTISEMENT

George Cooper Special Teams Coach!

TU1NNJ

I.T.S. Head Coach
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2004
As my wife watched tonight’s episode of Young Sheldon I hear George Cooper (Sheldon’s Father) announce he is interviewing for the position of special teams coach at the University of Tulsa.

There were numerous anti-Oklahoma jokes including the Mother in law stating that she lost $800 on that team last year because she can’t figure out how to bet on those Independent teams (set in the early 90’s).

Later they show the interview, including a shot of McFarland from the U, the stadium with script Tulsa on the 50 yard line. Reference to that is best locker room he has ever seen, so clean you could eat dinner in there. Several TU football memorabilia in Coach’s office including a jersey.

They say there is no bad publicity!

Bottom line we missed out on recruiting Sheldon to our Physics Department!

Last edited:
As my wife watched tonight’s episode of Young Sheldon I hear George Cooper (Sheldon’s Father) announce he is interviewing for the position of special teams coach at the University of Tulsa.

There were numerous anti-Oklahoma jokes including the Mother in law stating that she lost $800 on that team last year because she can’t figure out how to bet on those Independent teams (set in the early 90’s).

Later they show the interview, including a shot of McFarland from the U, the stadium with script Tulsa on the 50 yard line. Reference to that is best locker room he has ever seen, so clean you could eat dinner in there. Several TU football memorabilia in Coach’s office including a jersey.

They say there is no bad publicity!

Bottom line we missed out on recruiting Sheldon to our Physics Department!

In one episode of BBT, Sheldon once referenced that his MeMaw had grown up in Oklahoma. Guess they forgot that.

In one episode of BBT, Sheldon once referenced that his MeMaw had grown up in Oklahoma. Guess they forgot that.
Could have been his Father's mother. That might help explain the connections to the Tulsa job.

There was one glaring inaccuracy: When the TU coach is trying to persuade Sheldon's dad to come to TU, he says, "If the money isn't good, we can get you more money>"

Never seen the show or that Big Banger thing, but why are they basing things off LEC and Todd Graham's suitcase of money ????1

Reactions: HuffyCane
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT