ADVERTISEMENT

George Christopoulos

cmullinsTU

I.T.S. University President
Gold Member
Dec 20, 2006
I noticed this young man is on the roster, a player from Greece. Is he a walkon?

Yes. Great stats. I’ve been patiently waiting for II to :eyes: his assist stats.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
I want to give Haith some credit. He is definitely keeping his eyes peeled and taking a wide approach to bringing players in.

http://www.georgechristopoulos10.com/

Bunch of high light videos and some game footage here. He's played overseas and in the states.

Not sure on the competition level he was playing against in the first highlight reel but he looks very smooth.

Good vision, good ability to recognize the situation and exploit it to get what he wants. Good passing skills. Can hit the open shot. Has that high off the glass runner he can finish with against bigger guards or after he gets in the paint.

His skills (not sure about his talent) from the video reminds me of Harrington. Saw a lot of little things he did that made the plays easier for him and his team.

Looks to me like he could easily play in the AAC. I didn't see any shots as I only watched a few minutes of a full game, but his hustle, ball handling, and game management were superb.

And yes, I loved his assist stats on his TU bio. Did he not have any good scholarship offers ?

Reactions: cmullinsTU
I want to give Haith some credit. He is definitely keeping his eyes peeled and taking a wide approach to bringing players in.
Usually kids like that come via recruiting services. Pretty sure that's where our 1 and done Aussie came from.

Aussies have a national program that can feed them in to the NCAA system.

Let's not talk about how much better a small country of 25 million develops Olympic sports talent than the giant and big spending US. We're Texas but we win a lot on the international stage.

Honestly I don't care how he is searching Bing or Google can get you answers. I like that he is looking every where just to make sure he doesn't miss any.

I just spent too much of my work day watching George's highlights and part of a game. He is certainly not a typical walk-on and I wouldn't be surprised if he plays some backup minutes at the PG position.

Aussies have a national program that can feed them in to the NCAA system.

Let's not talk about how much better a small country of 25 million develops Olympic sports talent than the giant and big spending US. We're Texas but we win a lot on the international stage.

Honestly I don't care how he is searching Bing or Google can get you answers. I like that he is looking every where just to make sure he doesn't miss any.

We had a really good walk-on start for us under Bill Self. Shawn Williams who gave up the job to Tony Heard after the non conference schedule Tony's first year.

Reactions: TU4ever2
I took a couple of years of Greek in college. One day, when I was stumped on a hard one, I dropped the “it’s all Greek to me” line. No one laughed.

Describing something I once heard an Australian say, looks like an illiterate French guy put it together with Japanese directions.

We had a really good walk-on start for us under Bill Self. Shawn Williams who gave up the job to Tony Heard after the non conference schedule Tony's first year.

Shawn was a great kid. Didn't we have him run point for a while just because of the situation? A good sign when your walk ons work hard and can push their teammates

Reactions: Gold*
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT