ADVERTISEMENT

Gas Prices

TUMU

I.T.S. Defensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2003
Gas is $1.25 gallon in OKC. $1.71 in Tulsa. We must have better gas at QT.

Saw a story on Channel 6 this evening. Kum n Go is offering to pump your gas at no extra charge, if you call in advance. Not available at all locations.

Saw a story on Channel 6 this evening. Kum n Go is offering to pump your gas at no extra charge, if you call in advance. Not available at all locations.

That's funny. In Oregon, you weren't allowed to pump your own gas pre-Covid. Now those restrictions have been temporarily lifted. Seems noone can agree on the safest way to get gas.

Reactions: astonmartin708
That's funny. In Oregon, you weren't allowed to pump your own gas pre-Covid. Now those restrictions have been temporarily lifted. Seems noone can agree on the safest way to get gas.
I remember the first time I went through Oregon. Not knowing about this law / custom. I got out to pump my gas and a guy comes running out acting like I'm about to tamper with a nuclear detonator. We were close enough to the Washington border that we just hopped the Columbia river the next time we needed gas so we didn't have to deal with it again.

Reactions: ctt8410
When I was a kid in the mid-1950s there were no self-service gas pumps, only stand-alone filling stations owned by oil companies like Skelly or Phillips. When you pulled up to the pump you were greeted by two or three guys in uniform coveralls and military-style brimmed caps with the company's logo on the front. They pumped your gas, checked your tire pressure and radiator. Prices? The least I ever paid in those days was during a price war, 14 cents a gallon.

Reactions: Bill Lowery
Oregon passed that law not for safety reasons but to save jobs. New Jersey has the same thing I hear. I hate getting gas in Oregon because it takes so long. We were in Salem a couple of years ago for a niece’s graduation and bought some fast food burgers before pulling into the filling station next door. We were able to finish our meal before our tank was filled. Btw gas was $1.83 yesterday in Reno.

New Jersey has it as part of workfare. Oregon does it to prevent fuel spills and reduce omissions.

Wasn't there a station near utica square that was full service for a long time?

Reeder’s at 21st & Lewis. They still have full service if you pull up on the north side of the building. They have fresh brewed blueberry ice tea inside that’s damn good.

$.99 at Costco this past weekend. Kum N Go rolled out with signs on the pump that said if you're not comfortable touching the pump right now, call a # and someone will come out and pump for you. QT basically has 1 employee outside sanitizing each pump/handle after every use.

On a side note, my wife thinks gas needs to be around $2.00/gallon to keep the oil companies satisfied and not cut employees. Right now the price is because the market is glutted. I filled up 3 weeks ago and have barely used 1/4 tank since then. I usually have to fill up once per week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT