ADVERTISEMENT

Football: Possible mid-year transfers / signees

Chris Harmon

ITS Publisher
Staff
Aug 15, 2002
Tulsa, OK
tulsa.rivals.com
The Midyear JC Transfer window in football is December 14, 2016 to January 15, 2017. Of course, early high school graduates can sign scholarship agreements during that time and then enroll for the spring semester...and college players often transfer to other schools during that time.

Right now, it looks like Tulsa will pick up at least two to three players during this window. Chase Brown of Kerrville (TX) Tivy, the Hurricane's first commitment in the 2017 class, has his high school diploma and will be at TU in January.

Baylor punter Thomas Bennett is currently expected to transfer to Tulsa. He was a non-recruited walk-on at Baylor, so he'll be immediately eligible to play at TU. I believe he'll be on scholarship at Tulsa.

Lastly is Abilene (TX) running back Abram Smith. He was originally slated to graduate a semester early and start at Tulsa in January. Texas Tech has been putting on the pressure lately, and Smith told me a couple weeks ago he wasn't sure if he'll still be graduating early.

"I'm trying to graduate early but my math is a little crazy, so I don't know if it'll happen," he explained.

It sounds like he has a lot of people in his ear as well. A couple of days ago, he tweeted, "Nobody cares about what I think, everyone wants me to do what they want."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News