ADVERTISEMENT

Football Locker Room Renovation

Chris Harmon

ITS Publisher
Staff
Aug 15, 2002
Tulsa, OK
tulsa.rivals.com
I'm sure many of you have already seen this, but just thought I'd post for those that haven't.

TU media release...

TULSA, Okla. –– The University of Tulsa football locker room, located in the Case Athletic Complex in the north end zone of the stadium, is in the process of undergoing a major facelift to the tune of $1.2 million, all through private funding.

A complete renovation of the locker room includes a dedicated nutrition center and features custom-built lockers by Shield of Kansas City, Missouri.

Construction began this past Tuesday. The completion of the project is expected within 90 days.

"I think this is true for any sport, but the locker room is kind of a sacred spot for men and women, dependent upon their sport, where they really connect," said Tulsa head football coach Philip Montgomery. "The bond of unity and brotherhood you have within that sport happens in the locker room, it happens in the weight room and it happens on the field. The locker room is a place that student-athletes can be themselves. It's kind of their home away from home."

"With the new construction that just started on our locker room, I know our guys will be extremely excited to see that as they return from the break," added Montgomery.

Montgomery also talked about the importance of facilities to the University community.

"To show the commitment that the University, our administration and boosters have to continually look at and upgrade our facilities, not just athletics, but across the board, is so vitally important for us to grow as a university," said Montgomery.

"I'm so excited to see that the locker room construction is underway, and in a couple of months the grand opening will be a tremendous occasion for us."

image_handler.aspx

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News