ADVERTISEMENT

Fetterman interview in December(Seeming to be doing alright as congressman.)

Gmoney4WW

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Jul 4, 2007
Saw some minor problems with aphasia, but that may never go away completely. I have problems with it 30 years later. Notice where he stutters a bit and tries to use the word channel, realizing that's not the word he wants, until he finally finds the proper word, challenge. Right after that, in the next few sentences he hesitates a bit, probably from aphasia difficulties as well. The hesitation was short enough that he found the word before it became obvious. His recovery has been much shorter than mine, because he had a much milder stroke. I'm glad he got through his depression problems as well, after treatment at Walter Reed. Been exactly where he was, considering suicide for the first and only time in my life. Happy to see him seeming to be successful as a member of congress. Glad that he came through his recovery as well as I thought he might.

From someone who questioned his ability to function as a U.S. Senator, his recovery is great to see as well as inspirational to others with similar injuries.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
There was one difficulty that I did not have. I don't completely understand it. I'm sure it is easier to understand if you had a doctor/neurologist explain it fully. That is his difficulty with auditory processing. The reason he often needs closed captioning in an interview. I'm sure it is where he had the bleed on the brain, as opposed to where I had the bleed on the brain, that caused his difficulty with auditory processing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT