ADVERTISEMENT

FC Tulsa 2023

I didn’t realize fc Tulsa had 3 home games in 6 days. Why would the league schedule that? Brutal

I didn’t realize fc Tulsa had 3 home games in 6 days. Why would the league schedule that? Brutal
Because baseball takes priority at OneOK and the baseball season starts soon. My guess is FC Tulsa won't have another home game for a month after Friday trying to schedule around the Drillers

Because baseball takes priority at OneOK and the baseball season starts soon. My guess is FC Tulsa won't have another home game for a month after Friday trying to schedule around the Drillers
Yeah their April schedule is pretty light.

Pretty impressive performance from Tulsa Athletic last night. They showed there’s a lot of local guys still playing at a high level.

Pretty impressive performance from Tulsa Athletic last night. They showed there’s a lot of local guys still playing at a high level.
Sure thing. FC Tulsa played 2 starters (Eric Bird and Wormell) and essentially a bunch of kids. 2nd, no competitive soccer match of that level should ever be played on the field at Hicks Park. Kids in BA and Bixby play on better rec fields. The Metro Tulsa fields just east of Hicks, you know the ones in the drainage ditch at 41st and Hwy 169 are better. I was watching both teams trying to pass the ball and the ball never actually rolling but bouncing and jumping everywhere. And the field seemed super small, not as long as most pro-level fields and it seemed a but narrower as well (and that doesn't include the east sideline which was essentially not usable as space to be able to pass the ball along because of how uneven and bumpy it was).
I'm not advocating that the game should have been played at OneOK because I am a staunch opponent of high level games being played on baseball fields. But there are a number of pitches around town they may have been able to use like TU or ORU, or Union HS or BA HS, or even the new turf fields out at BA.

Sure thing. FC Tulsa played 2 starters (Eric Bird and Wormell) and essentially a bunch of kids. 2nd, no competitive soccer match of that level should ever be played on the field at Hicks Park. Kids in BA and Bixby play on better rec fields. The Metro Tulsa fields just east of Hicks, you know the ones in the drainage ditch at 41st and Hwy 169 are better. I was watching both teams trying to pass the ball and the ball never actually rolling but bouncing and jumping everywhere. And the field seemed super small, not as long as most pro-level fields and it seemed a but narrower as well (and that doesn't include the east sideline which was essentially not usable as space to be able to pass the ball along because of how uneven and bumpy it was).
I'm not advocating that the game should have been played at OneOK because I am a staunch opponent of high level games being played on baseball fields. But there are a number of pitches around town they may have been able to use like TU or ORU, or Union HS or BA HS, or even the new turf fields out at BA.
Hicks pitch was fine. Was it perfect? No. But I’d be fine playing my men’s league games there. Tulsa Athletic has turned a facility that wasn’t being used into a nice little grounds.

FC Tulsa’s young guys got completely outplayed. Athletic had better chances and I can’t think of more than maybe one chance for FC Tulsa. I think they should have put in some of their bench players earlier. The kids weren’t getting it done.

Hicks pitch was fine. Was it perfect? No. But I’d be fine playing my men’s league games there. Tulsa Athletic has turned a facility that wasn’t being used into a nice little grounds.

FC Tulsa’s young guys got completely outplayed. Athletic had better chances and I can’t think of more than maybe one chance for FC Tulsa. I think they should have put in some of their bench players earlier. The kids weren’t getting it done.
Outcome?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT