ADVERTISEMENT

EOH Podcast-Rick Dickson

He is a former Golden Hurricane Football player from Bishop Kelley. And two time Director of Athletics at TU. Rick Dickson sat down and discussed his time at TU on Eye of the Hurricane Podcast, along with the current state of college athletics, and what he might say to the next TU AD:

https://tulsahurricane.com/sports/2019/8/26/eye-of-the-hurricane-podcast
Great final interview. Had lots of interesting things to say about football and the changes going on. He rightfully longs for the days when students had more opportunities in front of them in athletics, and the AD's shared comradery, instead of win at all costs attitudes. Lots of very interesting things to say about fundraising to the General Fund($3M)/Direct Alston Fund($2M)/Nil Fund($1M). That's a great amount of contribution for the school at $6M this year.

It's been my pleasure, having you as an AD Rick.

Reactions: TU Sepp
Hope the new AD is on board July 1. They have had plenty of time to hire a good one. A gap without one could hurt.

It will be OK.
Agreed, we seemingly spent years without one when Gragg was at the helm. I'm sure there are plenty of competent folks in the AD's office that can get the right paperwork filed, handle daily operation and the like, and I'm sure RD has been mentoring at least one of his staff to fill an interim role if necessary. This time around we have a competent leader that sees the full picture very well in Brad Carson steering the ship, so I feel assured that things will be handled on an appropriate timeline and maintained well until the correct person is identified and brought on board.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT