ADVERTISEMENT

ECU fans

TULSARISING

I.T.S. Offensive Coordinator
Jun 21, 2017
Pretty livid about last night about that game winning drive, after looking at both of the calls that were in question , I don’t think that ECU got “ screwed” on the fumble , it looked like he regained possession of the ball and then was down after he fumbled it, on the catch, it truly looked like he had his hand under the ball, I’m sure they see it differently , but I don’t see it as a “ fixed game” . Think it is just frustration on ECUs part letting that game slip away. Refs didn’t cost them the game, allowing 31 2nd half points did

Last edited:
Reactions: TU_BLA
I feel they have a reason to be upset about the fumble. They called it a fumble on the field. Where it does look like he somewhat regains control of it, it still looked like it was loose to me. The catch johnson made however was definitely a catch in my opinion.

AAC officials admit mistake and are now saying the fumble call should have stood.

AAC officials admit mistake and are now saying the fumble call should have stood.
Where was that in 2016 against Navy or Houston? Even if it was a fumble (it wasn't) I don't care. The freaking AAC owes us. Also, screw ECU. I vividly remember their BS in the CUSA championship game so the way I see it, they earned it.

Where was that in 2016 against Navy or Houston? Even if it was a fumble (it wasn't) I don't care. The freaking AAC owes us. Also, screw ECU. I vividly remember their BS in the CUSA championship game so the way I see it, they earned it.
The Navy and Houston games were brutal in 2016 with those ridiculous calls. Nobody felt sorry for TU.

It was funny, however, that the flag on pass interference came late and was thrown by the back ref who was about 40 yards away.

Reactions: TU Pilot and Gold*
The Navy and Houston games were brutal in 2016 with those ridiculous calls. Nobody felt sorry for TU.

It was funny, however, that the flag on pass interference came late and was thrown by the back ref who was about 40 yards away.

TU got screwed over last week against USF. Remember the ESPN color guy saying "I don't see what the refs are seeing out there"? And the guys above who mentioned Navy and Houston in 2016... We STOPPED those naval gazers on 4th down and the refs were like "durrr, ummm, unsportsmanlike conduct, even though Tulsa stopped them AND stripped the ball away on the play". And Houston, that was absolute garbage... The goal line play, the ball broke the plane and even if it hadn't, Houston had too many men on the field. And remember Arkansas when we were driving down the field in the 4th quarter down by 2 or 3 and they called Key Garret on OFFENSIVE pass interference for humiliating the Arkansas safety?? Although in fairness, our useless turd kicker lost us the game against Arkansas... In any event, TU never gets the breaks from the refs. If ECU is pissed, they can get in line behind us. Their program has zero heritage or history, and as far as I'm aware, there is no "East Carolina" in existence.... It's a fictitious geographical area, like Portlandia or Breastchester

Epic post, TulsaGrad!!

Here’s a conspiracy angle for thought. The aforementioned screw jobs were protecting teams ahead of us in the conference. Often those teams had chances at prestigious bowls. Now we are undefeated in conference. What if we are now receiving that same “protection”?

Reactions: noble cane
Epic post, TulsaGrad!!

Here’s a conspiracy angle for thought. The aforementioned screw jobs were protecting teams ahead of us in the conference. Often those teams had chances at prestigious bowls. Now we are undefeated in conference. What if we are now receiving that same “protection”?
Assuming that’s true, which I don’t, it will last through the SMU game. The point of such protection would be to generate a game against two ranked teams. Presumably to pump up viewers and/or gambling action.

After that, we are a nightmare to anyone who would conspire with that power. The Peach Bowl would lose millions. The Art Briles issue would come up on national TV. OU, who would presumably be a long term beneficiary of such a conspiracy, would complain by our short term success. The big schools that count on the huge ad revenue would want protections to keep the bowls from losing all the potential revenue in the future. If I’m Coke or Pepsi, why should I sign a contract for ads for a couple of years if I think every Penn State or Miami fan is going watch the game and it ends up Wake Forest or Tulsa.

I do think programs and coaches who have poor reputations do get the shaft from refs not because of conspiracy but due to simple human psychology. Switzer, Erickson and Sherrill for cheating, Akers and Spurrier for being a holes, Leach for being weird and his post game comments. Replay was designed to limit that, but it really has done nothing but slow the game down and replace one subjective bias with another.

Does anyone on here think we got bad calls when Burns was coach because the refs were against the school or for the other team or do you think it was because Burns acted the ahole on the sidelines and tiny egos looked for ways to throw the flag or under stress to make a tough call, they guessed against him?

That’s why those T-shirt’s and some of his comments were not constructive long term. We can debate whether it was needed at the time and if he felt he had to do that to avoid looking impotent in the lockerroom, but it definitely didn’t help us with league issues like scheduling and arguably cost us more calls.

Then there’s the whole psychology of being a side judge getting paid a couple of hundred bucks being screamed at irrationally by someone making $110,000 for the game who maybe doesn’t measure up in the eyes of the side judge in terms of physical stature, playing career, media visibility, coaching competency, league reputation etc. Maybe if you are the side judge you have your own internal urge to cancel guys you perceive that way. And you share that with your friends, especially the guys making judgment calls like holding and PI. Maybe it’s never spoken but I bet there’s at least a little bit of “I’m sick of this guy. Let’s end his tenure at this school so we don’t have to deal with him.”

I think that’s definitely happened to Montgomery early on and I would bet it happened to ECU’s Coach Houston Friday night.

Last edited:
Teams get screwed over every week by the AAC officials. ECU can suck it up and move on. We’ve gotten screwed more over the years than they have.

Assuming that’s true, which I don’t, it will last through the SMU game. The point of such protection would be to generate a game against two ranked teams. Presumably to pump up viewers and/or gambling action.

After that, we are a nightmare to anyone who would conspire with that power. The Peach Bowl would lose millions. The Art Briles issue would come up on national TV. OU, who would presumably be a long term beneficiary of such a conspiracy, would complain by our short term success. The big schools that count on the huge ad revenue would want protections to keep the bowls from losing all the potential revenue in the future. If I’m Coke or Pepsi, why should I sign a contract for ads for a couple of years if I think every Penn State or Miami fan is going watch the game and it ends up Wake Forest or Tulsa.

I do think programs and coaches who have poor reputations do get the shaft from refs not because of conspiracy but due to simple human psychology. Switzer, Erickson and Sherrill for cheating, Akers and Spurrier for being a holes, Leach for being weird and his post game comments. Replay was designed to limit that, but it really has done nothing but slow the game down and replace one subjective bias with another.

Does anyone on here think we got bad calls when Burns was coach because the refs were against the school or for the other team or do you think it was because Burns acted the ahole on the sidelines and tiny egos looked for ways to throw the flag or under stress to make a tough call, they guessed against him?

That’s why those T-shirt’s and some of his comments were not constructive long term. We can debate whether it was needed at the time and if he felt he had to do that to avoid looking impotent in the lockerroom, but it definitely didn’t help us with league issues like scheduling and arguably cost us more calls.

Then there’s the whole psychology of being a side judge getting paid a couple of hundred bucks being screamed at irrationally by someone making $110,000 for the game who maybe doesn’t measure up in the eyes of the side judge in terms of physical stature, playing career, media visibility, coaching competency, league reputation etc. Maybe if you are the side judge you have your own internal urge to cancel guys you perceive that way. And you share that with your friends, especially the guys making judgment calls like holding and PI. Maybe it’s never spoken but I bet there’s at least a little bit of “I’m sick of this guy. Let’s end his tenure at this school so we don’t have to deal with him.”

I think that’s definitely happened to Montgomery early on and I would bet it happened to ECU’s Coach Houston Friday night.

This. ECU acted like jagovs the entire game. That had to help earn some late calls. The coaches and players twerking with each other probably didn’t help, either.

Also, about the USF game, where was the apology on the roughing/ late hit? That was atrocious in a game filled with atrocious calls.

I would really like for the conference to allow transparency and questions from media on these issues. But they won’t do that. There is an obvious bias to the eastern teams in league office. And I think that accounts for the infamous Navy game.

At this level, there is just obviously corrupt and terrible officiating. Where was the apology with the infamous two minute warning years ago when we played at Navy?

The call that needs to be looked at it the out of bounds on the ECU td that was then reversed in field and then reversed again in review. The side judge had no angle to make that call. But he just wanted to make a call so momma could see him do something. He heard me the rest of the game. He also called a Very iffy late hit on us.

There were so many bad calls in that game, I don’t know how you can focus on one or two of them and apologize for those and do nothing about the other crap calls.

Reactions: bluegold70
Reference eastern bias: It was a mixed crew. The ref has/had UCONN connections.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT