Undrafted Free Agents

Travon Fuller/ Bills
Cullen Wick/ Colts
Tyarise Stevenson/ Vikings
Josh Johnson/ Lions

Honorable Mention

4th round 118th pick Akayleb Evans/ Vikings
Allie green/ Bears
Very good results overall for TU players. Josh Johnson should have been drafted.

Fair results for the 2 defectors. I really don’t think their move to Missouri helped their draft status at all. Getting to play with last year’s first round pick Zaven Collins at Tulsa had already put them on every team’s radar.

Every thing you post is negative bullcrap . Tulsa University doesn’t need you and your

continuous drivel .
It's the truth though. Tell me a decent coach w/ an OC wouldn't have won at least a game or two more with the players on our roster. I'm talking every year over the past several seasons. I know Graham would have. I'm pretty certain Kragthorpe would have as well. Heck Blankenship probably could have won a few more.

Last edited:
It's the truth though. Tell me a decent coach w/ an OC wouldn't have won at least a game or two more with the players on our roster. I'm talking every year over the past several seasons. I know Graham would have. I'm pretty certain Kragthorpe would have as well. Heck Blankenship could have won a few more.
Legit question. And it's one that can be asked and should be asked and someone in upper admin should be aware of and also asking. I posed it in another thread. With the amount of playing talent Monty has developed and the amount of coaching talent he has brought in and helped cultivate (and who have been poached by P5s), we should be winning 9-10 games per year. So the difficult question of why aren't we needs to be asked and then the discussion with Monty needs to be had. Granted maybe TU needs to give him a little more $$$ for his assistants so we can retain some of the assistants or bring in an OC he would trust. We can ask these questions without being total pricks though and open things up for legit discussion.

Legit question. And it's one that can be asked and should be asked and someone in upper admin should be aware of and also asking. I posed it in another thread. With the amount of playing talent Monty has developed and the amount of coaching talent he has brought in and helped cultivate (and who have been poached by P5s), we should be winning 9-10 games per year. So the difficult question of why aren't we needs to be asked and then the discussion with Monty needs to be had. Granted maybe TU needs to give him a little more $$$ for his assistants so we can retain some of the assistants or bring in an OC he would trust. We can ask these questions without being total pricks though and open things up for legit discussion.
All good points. We’ve definitely had an increased number of draft picks under Monty. It makes me wonder, how much of it is Monty, and his staff, spotting and developing talent vs being in the AAC.

I suspect we’ll never know the answer to that because by the time TU has a new head coach we’ll be in a weakened AAC and, presumably, won’t be able to recruit the same level of players we are at the moment.

* All of the above is stream of consciousness thoughts and I realize they clearly did a great job recognizing Zaven, that is unrelated to being in this current AAC.

All good points. We’ve definitely had an increased number of draft picks under Monty. It makes me wonder, how much of it is Monty, and his staff, spotting and developing talent vs being in the AAC.

I suspect we’ll never know the answer to that because by the time TU has a new head coach we’ll be in a weakened AAC and, presumably, won’t be able to recruit the same level of players we are at the moment.

* All of the above is stream of consciousness thoughts and I realize they clearly did a great job recognizing Zaven, that is unrelated to being in this current AAC.
weakened AAC?

10. SEC
7. BIG10/ACC
5. PAC10
4 BIG12/AAC
3 MWC
2 CUSA/MAC
1 SUN BELT

Last edited:
What these numbers would suggest is that the Big 12 and AAC are equivalent. That’s what many would probably agree with in the ranking of conferences.

What these numbers would suggest is that the Big 12 and AAC are equivalent. That’s what many would probably agree with in the ranking of conferences.
Both of those conferences are better than the Pac 10/12/14 in terms of team quality. The PAC 10/12/14 may have a lot of great players but the teams underperform everywhere...it's like an entire conference of Texases

Monty squanders talent like no other.
Most fundamental aspect of college athletics is recruiting. We all know that Monty has had more than a few issues with being a head coach. But I rather have it this way than the opposite. Perhaps, and this is a big perhaps, he will get better. We have witnessed that he has had the tools.

GO TU!!!

Reactions: TU_BLA
Only players so far to make the active roster are

Akayleb Evans
Chris Paul
Tyler Smith

I haven’t seen any of the others land on practice squads

Reggie Robinson was cut by the Browns. I just went over the Practive squad rosters and no TU players were picked up.

YearNamePosistionTeamStatus
RChris PaulGWashington CommandersActive
2Zaven CollinsLBArizona CardinalsActive
1Willie WrightCTennessee Titans as of August 3Active
3Trevis GipsonLBChicago BearsActive
RTyler SmithOTDallas CowboysActive
RJosh JohnsonWRDetroit LionsReleased P1
RTyarise StevensonDTMinnesota VikingsReleased P1
RCullen WickDEIndianapolis Coltswaived in June
3Reggie Robinson IICCleveland BrownsCut
RTrevon FullerDBBuffalo BillsCut July 30
9Bryan BurnhamWRBC Lions
5Dane EvansQBHamilton Tiger-cats
6Keyarris GarrettWRToronto Argonauts
Justin HobbsWR?
Tyler HolmesOLFA
Keenan johnsonWRCalgary Stampeders
Dexter MCCoilLBToronto Argonauts
Manny BunchSHouston Gamblers
Zach SmithQBNew Orleans Breakers

Last edited:
Reggie Robinson was cut by the Browns. I just went over the Practive squad rosters and no TU players were picked up.

YearNamePosistionTeamStatus
RChris PaulGWashington CommandersActive
2Zaven CollinsLBArizona CardinalsActive
1Willie WrightCTennessee Titans as of August 3Active
3Trevis GipsonLBChicago BearsActive
RTyler SmithOTDallas CowboysActive
RJosh JohnsonWRDetroit LionsReleased P1
RTyarise StevensonDTMinnesota VikingsReleased P1
RCullen WickDEIndianapolis Coltswaived in June
3Reggie Robinson IICCleveland BrownsCut
RTrevon FullerDBBuffalo BillsCut July 30
9Bryan BurnhamWRBC Lions
5Dane EvansQBHamilton Tiger-cats
6Keyarris GarrettWRToronto Argonauts
Justin HobbsWR?
Tyler HolmesOLFA
Keenan johnsonWRCalgary Stampeders
Dexter MCCoilLBToronto Argonauts
Manny BunchSHouston Gamblers
Zach SmithQBNew Orleans Breakers

Thanks, I had no idea we had that many guys playing in various leagues.

Reactions: loca2874
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT