ADVERTISEMENT

Done got old

chito_and_leon

I.T.S. Head Coach
Dec 5, 2003
Some things bout getting old I knew, I'm ok with my back and knees always hurting. I figured I'd go grey. Grey chest hairs are a bummer. Didn't expect white nose hairs, that really got me down. But here's a tip - take a Dristan nasal spray tube, squirt all the Dristan out and put some Just for Men in it. A couple good squirts every couple of days takes care of those white nose hairs lickity split! I also didn't know you'd have bloody noses all the time when you get old, my doctor can't figure that one out.

But what really got me is this - starting about 6 months ago, I started liking Tom Petty. Last week I starte liking Fleetwood Mac. What's up with that??

Years ago, I worked with an older man who was always telling me, "Getting old ain't for wimps." I now know how right he was. You gotta keep telling yourself, I may be older than I would like to be, but I'm not as old as I hope to be.

You really feel your age when you notice that the athletes that you can remember breaking in as rookies are now being voted into the Hall of Fame. During this World Series I find myself wondering, why do they keep showing Nolan Ryan's grandfather in the stands?

The story of nose hairs tells us a good deal about the history of mankind.
Nature doesn't like to waste anything. She kept the appendix around "just in case" it might be needed again someday. Men losing their hair was a waste. Nature attempt to fix that with the Neaderthal's but the Unibrow was a spectacular faillure. Today the Unibrow is seen only in a few humans with stray genes. An example would be Leonid Breshnev. The next attempt was as a man lost his hair more would grow out of his nose. That didn't quite work because there is way more head hair than will fit in a nose. Nature took drastic action and all men share nose hair (well they don't actually share) whether they lose their head hair or not, bring it closer to balance.

But Chito, the good news is that you are not truly a old man until you start wearing white dress shoes with a white belt to your favorite night spot.

Lmao! Ive loved those forever...my folks brought us up with it.

My awakening was last summer...I simply cannot ever drink a bud light or equivalent ever again.

I used to jog like a mofo in my 30s, did a few marathons, half-marathons, Tulsa Runs, etc. All I do now is walk, elliptical, and sauna. Occasionally lift light weights.

It cracks me up the # of people I know who have gone crazy for jogging in the last two or three years that are roughly my age. Where the hell were they when I was out there on Riverside busting my ass by myself???

I guess they figger if LEC can do it, then they can do it. Clearly, I have given all these people the hope and spirit to persevere! So with that in mind, I hereby declare myself the Godfather of Tulsa Jogging.

LEC, I was doing the Tulsa Run around 25 years ago. I left the lining of my knees on Houston Hill before they changed the course. Me and Frank Shorter ran side by side. Actually, it was only for a few seconds since I was going out and he was coming back.

LOL, Back then, they had some nice prize money for the winners, so I guess they needed the Houston Hill to make Shorter and the Kenyans earn their coin. I wouldn't even walk up that hill unless my car broke down.

I was listening to a show on genetics on NPR about six months ago, and the interviwee responded to a question about whether there was anything that did not degrade with the aging process. His response was nose hairs. I think he missed one, ear hairs.
This post was edited on 10/25 1:38 PM by Gmoney4WW

al ya'll old dudes are really funny...specially that tume fella...

uzi.gif
nuke the shetland's

Originally posted by Gmoney4WW:
I was listening to a show on genetics on NPR about six months ago, and the interviwee responded to a question about whether there was anything that did not degrade with the aging process. His response was nose hairs. I think he missed one, ear hairs.
This post was edited on 10/25 1:38 PM by Gmoney4WW

I have to ask this question. Have you guys ever used a nosehair trimmer (Wal-Mart, about $10 or so for battery op.)? Stick it up your nose, move it in-and-out and around, and hair is gone. The same product I use for my ear hair. Try it, doods.

Originally posted by bluegold70:
al ya'll old dudes are really funny...specially that tume fella...

uzi.gif
nuke the shetland's

Class

Originally posted by barrister1602:
I have my back hair braided ... TMI?

Not tmi, now if u had said scrotal hair, that would be another story.

Originally posted by Gmoney4WW:
Originally posted by barrister1602:
I have my back hair braided ... TMI?

Not tmi, now if u had said scrotal hair, that would be another story.

That's where the fancy trim-her comes in hand-y.
3dgrin.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT