ADVERTISEMENT

Does Trump really want the job?

Who knows what that person will do. His daily threat to sue someone for today is the State of Louisiana or Cruz.. He might sue Louisiana but he won't sue Cruz.

He may sue Louisiana but he won't sue Cruz.

I used to think he didn't want the job but I have given up any attempt to understand him or his supporters.

We have a very weak field left. A probable felon. A commie. A billionaire political novice. A hated member of congress - by many in his own party. I guess that leaves Kazik er Cosack er Cra:crap: er . . . that guy from Ohio.

You know, this mess makes me long for a President like Ike. Most people don't remember much about him, but he was probably the most successful president we've had in the last 100 years. He was the most logical and most pragmatic person to occupy the WH imo. Born in the state south of us and reared in the state north of us, he had those middle american values and thinking that makes the world a prosperous and fair place to live imo.

There is a story about him that I once posted here years ago about his life between being Supreme Allied Commander in WWII and President. Here is the story:

Ike, after WWII, became the President of Columbia University in NY and had actually been pushed to run for President in the democrat party by Truman. But of course the man was a Republican so he stayed out of politics and took the Columbia gig.

While president of that school, there was a major rift among the faculty over where to build sidewalks on campus and the meetings were very contentious with each dept head wanting their own design approved. Eisenhower simply listened and watched the furor grow. After several meetings and arguments, Eisenhower said he'd heard enough and would make his decision at the next scheduled meeting about a month away. So he adjourned and all left.

After the month, Eisenhower called the meeting and told the faculty committee he had made a decision and would outline his conclusions and why.

Eisenhower proclaimed that the university is run for the students, not the faculty or employees of the school and that he would build the new sidewalks where the students actually traveled, not where the powers that be wanted them. He said that during the month, he had gauged where student paths were and the grass had been beaten down and that would be where the sidewalks would be paved. Thus Ike had a very simple solution to a problem the others in the room had made more complicated through their own bias and desires.

BTW, later, Ike, as POTUS, would morph some of those ideas into pushing for the Interstate highway system we all enjoy today. In the end, military logic was applied to a problem and a solution was arrived at that no-one could argue against. Thus: Problem solved!

In the end we need another Ike, not a billionaire playboy, untrustworthy lawbreaker, communist spendthrift, hated senator etc.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT