ADVERTISEMENT

Defensive Linemen Visit

I would think Myles Jackson was recruited to take Kopenski’s place

I have a feeling he might be looking for a Kopenski replacement with Jackson. He's played DE in high school, OL some at Indiana, and we're recruiting him as a LB'er. He's got the size and heft to equal Kopenski, if he's got the speed.

We had a player who presumably will be playing the Jack commit yesterday.

I would think Myles Jackson was recruited to take Kopenski’s place
Now where did I hear that? I think somebody made a similar comment a couple of weeks ago?

We need more defensive lineman I am sure the coaches are trying but so are a lot of teams without a good NIL well good luck

Myles Jackson would do an excellent job at OLB/DE. We need between 6'2 310 and 6'5 300 DT who can stop the run and collapes the pocket. Indiana had a few DT entered the portal. There are a few High School in Texas who can reach that size in a year.

DT Jussiah Ali 6'3 285 San Antonio Roosevelt TX
DT/G Keyshawn William 6'3 300 Dekaney TX
DT Corderial Adam 6'4 290 Bellaire TX
DT Brock Reddic 6'4 270 Pine Tree TX
DT Donell Jackson 6'3 270 Saginaw TX
OT/DT Cratelyn Henderson 6'4 320 Logansport LA 3.9 GPA ACT 21

Its been reported that TU have a committment from San Angelo DE/DT Amieh Williams 6'2 270 Redshirt Sophomore. We can find high school DT who can fit 4-3 or 4-2-5 defense. There will be alot of high school players left behind because of NIL. We need 3 more DT for the season.

Reactions: Henry Kendall
Its been reported that TU have a committment from San Angelo DE/DT Amieh Williams 6'2 270 Redshirt Sophomore. We can find high school DT who can fit 4-3 or 4-2-5 defense. There will be alot of high school players left behind because of NIL. We need 3 more DT for the season.
HS Tackles won't contribute for a year or two. We need some transfers. Didn't see his weight at 270, saw it at what he was in HS(?) on rivals. Thanks for pointing his present girth/DT.

Maybe it was this DT the offensive coaches were commenting on as Game Changing, because he is a DT and they think his ability is game changing.

Last edited:
HS Tackles won't contribute for a year or two. We need some transfers. Didn't see his weight at 270, saw it at what he was in HS(?) on rivals. Thanks for pointing his present girth/DT.

Maybe it was this DT the offensive coaches were commenting on as Game Changing, because he is a DT and they think his ability is game changing.
Do we think a D2 lineman coming in is categorized as a "game changer"?

And Jaxon Player came in and contributed right away.

Do we think a D2 lineman coming in is categorized as a "game changer"?

And Jaxon Player came in and contributed right away.
Regardless of him being a freshman/SEC Transfer/D2 player/etc, a Tackle is what we desperately need. He may be perceived as a diamond among scrap metal, game changer, by the coaching staff. They might feel they picked up a gem of a recruit regardless of where he comes from.

Not saying whether they are correct or not, or that they are actually applying this moniker to him. Just trying to read into it, why it would be him. Seeing as how we don't have any other available options for that moniker, until someone else commits, I'm just speculating.

Reactions: TU_BLA
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT