ADVERTISEMENT

Defense

What do you mean? CBs are Robinsons and Thomas (Thomas was not played much yesterday because they needed someone a bit stronger for support vs run game), and probably Whitfield and Bunch at Safety (I think Brady might miss a few weeks). Mitchell will be an option as well back there.

What do you mean? CBs are Robinsons and Thomas (Thomas was not played much yesterday because they needed someone a bit stronger for support vs run game), and probably Whitfield and Bunch at Safety (I think Brady might miss a few weeks). Mitchell will be an option as well back there.

It's hard for me to believe Barrow provides stronger run support than Thomas, but maybe so. I almost think Monty either held out or limited snaps to some players (Kerwin/Michael Thomas, Whitfield) due to the physical nature of playing a triple option team like Navy.

Where was Michael Thomas? His athleticism at LB really would have helped yesterday. Next year's group of LBers will be much quicker and more athletic, which will help slow Navy's rushing attack.

As for the secondary from this point forward: Robinson and Thomas at CB. Mitchell at FS. Whitfield at SS.

Michael Thomas was injured. He would've helped. Kerwin is very good at pass defense, but not physical enough against the run.

I hadn't even noticed that Thomas wasn't out there. His speed would have helped in those outside options

No way that Thomas would have been any worse than Barrow. Barrow was lost the whole game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT