ADVERTISEMENT

Dashawn McDowell & OK Recruiting

astonmartin708

I.T.S. Hall of Famer
Apr 17, 2012
From OKHardwood.TV

"DaShawn McDowell Leads Southeast To OT Win
DaShawn McDowell is one of the top players in the state and is a game changer. He showed that last night in a huge game with rival Douglass. McDowell led the Spartans with a game high 42 points in a 78-74 overtime victory over 4A's #7 ranked Douglass. In basketball, one player can make or break you, and be the difference between a gold ball, or an early exit. McDowell has the tools to help lead Southeast to a run at a potential gold ball. In a wide open 5A race, Southeast has to be considered a contender"

The kid had well over half of his team's points and it's the second time in the last several weeks that he's topped 40. Someone on an OSU board commented on him, saying that he expected the best out of his teammates though his team just isn't that good. Hopefully, with some good talent around him, he'll be a star.

In other news, PC West guard Tyson Jolly (2015) just picked up an offer from Cheater Brown at SMU. I had heard somewhere that even though we're already over quota on scholies we had real interest in him...

edit: According to Twitter one of the other top OK players, SG Jakolby Long of Mustang also received an offer from SMU... He (along with his highly ranked teammate Austin Meyer) is a player we might be able to sell on immediate play time his first season.

This post was edited on 1/28 7:22 PM by astonmartin708

Jolly visited TU with Dashawn month or so back. Mizzou and SMU offered this week I believe. Jolly seems to want to move back to Texas per his tweets. Dunno just browsed his twitter a little and saw several saying he misses texas, FWIW.

If I am a coach and I'm up against SMU in recruiting a kid, I use Brown's age and likely sanctions coming against them.

Jolly is an interesting story. He missed most of last season with a pulmonary embolism and blood clots in his lungs. Schools and rating services dropped off his recruitment. He's just now gaining attention in those circles. Wish we had room for him. Seems like a nice kid with a lot of upside.

TU has a ton to offer 2015-2016 kids including lots of PT after next season. Haith needs to use that to his advantage.

Poke, when you say we, I wonder which side of the fence you are talking about. If we "TU" could land Jolly the space would be there.

This post was edited on 1/29 2:29 PM by TU Hurricane Warning

I would be thrilled to see him at either school (just please no SMU) I think he's been under-recruited due to his illness. Love his upside. He shot over 50% from behind the arc last season before he was sidelined. I still think he may end up being a top 150 national guy.

This post was edited on 1/29 2:50 PM by lawpoke87

Just saw a re-affirmation from McDowell (via Twitter) that "TULSA is my home and it's gonna stay my home"

He's obviously getting pressure from others about his decision. Hope he can hold out until next November when he can finally sign.

When you score 40 + a ball game several times in a season, it would stand to reason he may be getting recruited regardless of his verbal. I like DaShawn, he's a free thinker and he is stubbourn. He seems eurked at OK Preeps for not giving him much attention lately since he's BF and others are getting pub while he scores 40+ and goes unnoticed. He will be sucessful because of that type of mentallity, especially from a guy that's only 16.

I love McDowell, he's better than Jolly.

If we can get him, though, we must make room for Jolly and take him. He's better right now than both Rep AND Big E. Also better than Taplin, for that matter.

Per Twitter, McDowell posted 27 pts 8 ast 5rbds in a loss to Centennial.

I'm anxious to see what he's going to do with a squad full of talent around him. Granted, the level of competition will be greater, but i can't imagine his skills not transferring to the college game. At the very least he'll have a physically mature TK to dish alley oops to.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT