ADVERTISEMENT

CMU Player Quote

Bill Lowery

ITS Recruiting Analyst
Staff
Sep 29, 2001
I hope our players and coaches saw this quote from a CMU player. My highlight. Dumb!!

Sophomore linebacker Malik Fountain said if CMU’s defense puts itself in the right spots, the team will have a good chance of containing Tulsa’s offense.

“We have to line up,” he said. “That’s how they beat people, they run fast plays that allow you to misalign. If you line up to them, you can play them, anybody can play them. They’re not really that great, they just get you to miss assignments so they can explode. They have the athletes to make plays.”

Tell that to Houston who TU went toe to toe with...you know the team that is still the only team this year to beat two top 5 teams.

Maybe someone should remind him the only reason they're in a bowl game this year is because a referee and a replay official both screwed the pooch in their game against OkState.

Reactions: TU 1978
I hope our players and coaches saw this quote from a CMU player. My highlight. Dumb!!

Sophomore linebacker Malik Fountain said if CMU’s defense puts itself in the right spots, the team will have a good chance of containing Tulsa’s offense.

“We have to line up,” he said. “That’s how they beat people, they run fast plays that allow you to misalign. If you line up to them, you can play them, anybody can play them. They’re not really that great, they just get you to miss assignments so they can explode. They have the athletes to make plays.”

He is not far from right in certain situations. That short yardage quick snap play where Dane stands over the football and then quickly steps under center and snaps the ball is designed to do exactly that and when correctly handled it gets stuffed (See Columbus, OH).

It also happens to be how most offenses beat people. He was fine until he said they really aren't that great. Dumb. I hope the oline takes it personally

Tell that to Houston who TU went toe to toe with...you know the team that is still the only team this year to beat two top 5 teams.

Maybe someone should remind him the only reason they're in a bowl game this year is because a referee and a replay official both screwed the pooch in their game against OkState.
Talent wise, I think we can all agree that this is not the most talented team to ever take the field wearing the Tulsa uniform. They have done well nonetheless but it's not bc of superior athleticism or talent. That being said, I'm sure CMU will get our best effort and it should be a highly competitive game!

It also happens to be how most offenses beat people. He was fine until he said they really aren't that great. Dumb. I hope the oline takes it personally

If most offenses win that way then nothing great about the offense except they may be great at causing that confusion.

We shouldn'd need an opposition player to say something to get us prepared to play.

We need to focus.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT