ADVERTISEMENT

Cincinnati v. Miami

Have to say ... Cincy looked very impressive last night. Put a beat down on Miami. Bearcats will be a challenge when we play them in November.

Miami is not good on offense and their head coach....ugh. I have a friend who is a HS football coach in Florida who has sent several kids on to SEC schools, the U, and eventually the NFL. He despises Al Golden and his attitude and lack of football knowledge (as he puts it). As he was complaining on his FB timeline last night during the last 5 minutes when you know UC is going to run the ball...WHY ARE YOU PLAYING YOUR SAFETY IN A 3-DEEP POSITION. They are going to run the football trying to run the clock out. Sure enough, next play, Miami has 2 safeties 15 yards downfield. BTW, our offense and QB are better than Miami's right now.

That was a good win for Cincinnati and the AAC as a whole. Cincinnati is 3-2 with its only 2 losses in conference. The AAC is a lot better than anyone is giving them credit for.

I was impressed with how many fans Cinci packed into their stadium. That thing must seat at least 60k. We're lucky to be in the American conference when our cohorts have attendance like that. I'll be excited to watch us play them in November.

Just for the sake of discussion, assuming Tulsa sold out every home game in minutes flat, would there ever be an expansion to Skelly Stadium if we were at capacity each week? I'm not sure we really could given the footprint of our stadium with 11th street on the south, Case bldg on the north, and Reynolds center immediately east.

I was impressed with how many fans Cinci packed into their stadium. That thing must seat at least 60k. We're lucky to be in the American conference when our cohorts have attendance like that. I'll be excited to watch us play them in November.

Their stadium seats 40k actually

Reactions: TU_BLA
Just for the sake of discussion, assuming Tulsa sold out every home game in minutes flat, would there ever be an expansion to Skelly Stadium if we were at capacity each week? I'm not sure we really could given the footprint of our stadium with 11th street on the south, Case bldg on the north, and Reynolds center immediately east.
Bowl in the south end zone like SMU has done would help

Reactions: TU Pilot
Announcers were mentioning that the AAC could produce the Group of 5 NY day bowl team (Fiesta?) but also mentioned Toledo (wins over Ark (which will look worse I hope as the season goes on) and Iowa State (really?)

Announcers were mentioning that the AAC could produce the Group of 5 NY day bowl team (Fiesta?) but also mentioned Toledo (wins over Ark (which will look worse I hope as the season goes on) and Iowa State (really?)

There is another thread that discussed this. Toledo has wins over 2 P5 schools not matter how ugly those dogs are this year. The MAC as a whole has 4 P5 wins this year and were really competitive in others. Bowling Green is basically the MAC version of Tulsa this year with obscene numbers on offense and trying to develop a defense that will get them a couple of stops. Ask Memphis about Bowling Green. I am not advocating the MAC over an AAC team, I'm just saying don't sleep or dismiss them because of past reputation. MAC is probably a better overall conference than the MWC this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT