ADVERTISEMENT

Cincinnati game thread

Apparently Zach telegraphs his throws and locks in on one receiver from snap until pass. Guess he's not as desirable a QB as Baylor was on him 5 years ago.

I think it's time to bench Smith... I know what we have behind him isn't great but a message may need to be sent. Oh well, hopefully, we can hang on to beat the 17 point spread and screw some gamblers!

giphy.gif

Even if we only had bad pass protection on that play it's a huge gain. But barely touching the guy results in a pick. Worst offensive line I have ever seen at Tulsa

Reactions: bigstar18
Start Brin next week. This QB can’t get it done.

The defense played a winning game.

Man after throwing interceptionless for four or five games... He locks his eyes onto the receiver and doesn't deviate. Just a little bit off, and he makes interceptions galore.

5 turnovers in the game.
And I lost track of how many penalties.
Those fat boys at the O-line need to do more than offer the QB an apologetic hand up when he's flat on his back after every damn play.

With all the turnovers and other stuff going on, in the end, IMO, it was that phantom PI that decided the game.
It was the only play we really got jobbed on today. It came at just the right time. Coincidence? Now I'm starting to sound like you know who.

Reactions: TulsaAM
The one "positive"...

I figured we'd get blown out today, but the team managed to come out and play hard, and had an opportunity to win at least. I thought we'd fold up for the season after how our last 2 games went.

Pats gets a little moody, but I wouldn’t compare him to Rippin the internet tough guy.
I believe you misunderstood. The comparison was to their blind passion for anything TU football and distaste for most comments that they consider anti TU. The only thing they shared was that.

Rippen, the internet Tough guy, nut job, have of a brain, conspiracy theorist is the bizarro version of Tupats. Pats has on really thick blue & gold glasses. In the bizzaro version, Rippen has on really thick blue & gold glasses that hurt, don't fit, make him a pissed off tough guy, give him a low intellect, and make him a conspiracy theorist because he can't even see straight.

Bizarro variet/e, is usually opposite in some way.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
2 things come to mind watching Smith at QB..

1. OU's defense must have really sucked..

And..

2. OU's defense must have really sucked..
They did and you can add a third.

3. Smith didn’t have to worry about being carted off on a stretch due to lack of protection by his line.

Some run for their lives, but he tends to just stand in there and throw inaccurate balls.

They did and you can add a third.

3. Smith didn’t have to worry about being carted off on a stretch due to lack of protection by his line.

Some run for their lives, but he tends to just stand in there and throw inaccurate balls.

Our line is inexplicably bad. Say all you want about smith but in his head he knows he has very little time to throw and probably forces it quickly. The dude has shown he’s tough as nails and you can tell he’s getting frustrated

Reactions: eastcane
Our line is inexplicably bad. Say all you want about smith but in his head he knows he has very little time to throw and probably forces it quickly. The dude has shown he’s tough as nails and you can tell he’s getting frustrated
Huh? I wish he threw it quickly. He holds onto it way too long. But yes, the oline is bad. Which is why the screen game should be used, especially with Brooks.

Huh? I wish he threw it quickly. He holds onto it way too long. But yes, the oline is bad. Which is why the screen game should be used, especially with Brooks.

Agreed. If Brooks is out there, it should be something other than up the middle. If Monty wants a run up the middle, put in TK or the second back. Shamari isn't an effective runner up the middle and the opposing defense eats his lunch 6 runs out of 7.

Reactions: Henry Kendall
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT