ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Plank

hotterthanyourhusbandTU

I.T.S. Defensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2003
MAJOR PROPS to Chris Plank for strongly expressing his feelings regarding the disparaging comments made by "certain" media members regarding TU...

I don't think it's his personality to be combative and expressive...it was nice to hear the respect he showed towards his alma mater.

I heard Plank's comments today, too. I don't think I've ever heard him that upset in anything related to TU. It was good to hear.

I had seldom been listening to Plank's show, but with Big Al & little PJ not worth listening to, I will be back listening to Plank & Poplin again. I also heard Ryan Rahal make similar comments, which was also nice to hear.

This post was edited on 12/11 11:39 PM by Tulsafanzz

I only heard the last 20 seconds of Rahal. He was really giving Pat Jones the business.

Was he mad at Big Al? I

We need to call in or write them and publicly thank them for their support. I'm not against writing the mayor and city council condemming Pat Jones for his meddling in TU's affairs. They may not be able to do much, but at least he might get the idea that he's not in friendly territory.

Perhaps Pat Jones is just a senile, grumpy old fool. Senility affects people in different ways.

Originally posted by ImaCanefan:
TU Good, Pat Jones Bad.
^ in a nutshell.

Chadwick led the charge last week though the day after Munchkin Jones went on with Bob Barry in OKC and ranted that TU simply wasn't a good job.

Yesterday Chadwick tweeted " #Tulsa turned down the Auburn OC, Oregon OC, A&M OC, Ohio State OC, to hire Baylor OC. Hmmm... Sounds like a good gig."

Plank went off, and I didn't hear Rahal's comments, but Poplin tweeted some references to them. That said, I don't think one of them actually called out Pat Jones but just railed on the subject. Chadwick I get because he works for the same station. Plank, Poplin, Rahal can all call him a blubbering idiot who was a terrible coach in his own right.

Nothing profound - they all just denounced pat jones' comments. Reaffirmed how good of a job TU is.

But in other news, sounds like our pal pat was right back to trashing TU this morning on 104.5 - this is starting to get ridiculous.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Props to Plank. He didnt even need to do this. He works for the Sooner network. Anyone those of us who misssed it can hear it?

I listen to Pop and Plank as often as I can. It's the one show that at no point have I ever heard anyone come on and down Tulsa.

It's one of the reasons I despised Haisten being our beat writer because he is in tight with Big Al and Munchkin Jones and was on the Animal so we'd get nothing from the beat writer on the Buzz. Eric Bailey always did a bang up job going on with updates about TU and Kelly Hines goes into studio for an hour every Tuesday and all they do is talk TU. I know Plank is hired by OU to be a sideline reporter, but I always thought that Pop and Plank do a good job of being fair about TU and sometimes Plank, to a fault, may go out of his way to not be so much of a TU homer although he is and says he is an alum all the time. Plus they've got Gragg on Tuesdays as well. And the biggest bonus of listening to the Buzz is Jerry O. Hysterical, to the point, and brutally honest about TU and a great perspective on things in the NFL.

Jones is and has always been, nothing but a cartoon character. Hell, it takes him 5 minutes to say 10 seconds worth of nonsense. I believe someone posted his record after Barry Sanders. That pretty much says what he knows about coaching. No wonder he likes Blankenship, he was the same type of coach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT