ADVERTISEMENT

CBS Sports preseason rankings for entire NCAA

I think they are underestimating what Tubby can do for Memphis this year.

I'm with you on Tulsa being ranked low. No one knows how good or bad we will be with all of the new players but with the JUCO/transfer/redshirt players in addition to our two returners with significant playing time and we're not as young as most people would assume. Sure, we won't have 9 seniors but who will? If we finish behind the fighting Lebos of ECU then I will hang my head in shame.

I'm with you on Tulsa being ranked low. No one knows how good or bad we will be with all of the new players but with the JUCO/transfer/redshirt players in addition to our two returners with significant playing time and we're not as young as most people would assume. Sure, we won't have 9 seniors but who will? If we finish behind the fighting Lebos of ECU then I will hang my head in shame.

After this ranking I have 3 goals for the season: Beat ORU, Split with SMU, and Beat the Fighting Lebos of ECU so we finish ahead of them in the standings

Reactions: TU_BLA
Interestingly it looks like only two teams in the American, USF and Tulane are rated behind TU in this article. We'll have lots of chances to make statements early (Wichita State, UALR, possibly Utah) and several that if we lose may have us shaking our heads such as Jacksonville State and ORU (rated in the 300+ category). I'm looking forward to tip-off.

151 does seem too low, but we are fielding a whole new team. Only Birt & Taplin played last season.

Here's a positive spin : With 340+ schools in college basketball, we're still rated in the top half, after losing more seniors than any other team.

I do expect us to be rated much higher than 151 when the season ends. I'm excited to see how this new team comes together !

151 does seem too low, but we are fielding a whole new team. Only Birt & Taplin played last season.

Here's a positive spin : With 340+ schools in college basketball, we're still rated in the top half, after losing more seniors than any other team.

I do expect us to be rated much higher than 151 when the season ends. I'm excited to see how this new team comes together !

Not buying at all. #151 is too low. I expect Tulsa to be a top 100 program. I think people are going to be surprised by how good this team will be mid season.

#151 is Wojcik country no way we drop that far.

GO TU!!!!!

Going to be playing a lot of guys that have never played big-time college basketball. I think #151 is basically the author saying he has no idea so just rank them in the middle somewhere. I think that is pretty reasonable because I don't think anyone has any idea how good or bad this team will be.

Preseason KenPom rating is #104. 15-13 pending 2 TBD opponents in Hawaii. 9-9 in conference.

Preseason KenPom rating is #104. 15-13 pending 2 TBD opponents in Hawaii. 9-9 in conference.

Much more likely IMHO thanks for the post ctt.

Wojcik's first few years were awful. 200+ RPI's if I remember, then Tulsa moved into the the mid 150's before finally consistently making it into the top 100.

Tulsa's normal RPI since the early 80's when they have a talented team is between 30-70.

If you don't have a top 100 RPI team in the AAC your going to lose a lot of conference games.

Time will tell, we shall see.

GO TU!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT