ADVERTISEMENT

Briles as OC?

Also factually incorrect in that TW comment, he isn't suing Baylor or the Board of Regents. It's three specific board members and the COO at Baylor.

I haven't, do you have a link?

I admittedly haven't looked deeply into the Briles/Baylor scandal, but it seems like he is being run through the ringer of public opinion more than anything.

Having a coach of that caliber on the staff is pretty massive. I think it would be very short sighted of TU to not at least genuinely consider him being added. When the dust settles if it turns out he was complicit, then cut him loose. A contract could be written to reflect as much.

Reactions: RealTUTypical
Not to derail this thread but this anagram reminded me of one I saw last night for John Kerry... Horny Jerk.
Hey CMTU, you don't mean our beloved current Sec of St, occasional presidential candidate, and a man who was called a cowardly jerk by the men he commanded in the Riverine Patrol in VietNam? And that was the most polite thing they called him.

Reactions: 4tu2
The school's Presidents and AD are supporting the players in this matter. No charges ever filed and there's apparently a tape showing the acts were consensual which the authorities reviewed in making their decision. I usually come down on the side of the accuser. However, something just doesn't smell right here imo.

The honorable type of response I expect from you. Feliz Navidad.

Huh? Supporting? Recommendation is that 5 of the players be suspended for a year and 5 be expelled entirely.

Accuser claims she consented with 2 guys. Video isn't actually exonerating any of them.

Huh? Supporting? Recommendation is that 5 of the players be suspended for a year and 5 be expelled entirely.

Accuser claims she consented with 2 guys. Video isn't actually exonerating any of them.

The DA certainly believed that the evidence wasn't even sufficient to bring charges yet the school expels the students? The video obviously doesn't show the girl having sex against her will. Where do we draw the line here? You have a he said she said where the players side is at least somewhat supported by video evidence. Being a father of two daughters I pray I'm never faced with this situation.

If this happened at TU and the players were cleared AND supported by our President, AD and HC there are very few on this board who would support the players being expelled from school.

Last edited:
One woman's word against half the football team? Of course the DA cannot bringing charges. Any idiot realizes that doesn't mean they are innocent any more than a not guilty verdict equates to innocence.

The school has not indicated they are suspended bc they are presumed guilty of sexual assault. They've released little detail due to privacy. Is it at all reasonable that admitted underage drinking and admitted lining up to climb onto a girl several of your teammates just finished with even if 1000% consent is confirmed grossly violates a school or athletic code of conduct? Not a stretch.

If we're going to put an inordinate amount of responsibility on females to not be victimy then there is an equal responsibility on males to not be rapey. And a video of a girl looking not wasted and flirty with the dude she says she consented to hooking up with isn't a free pass for the rest of the line. They are fortunate the law didn't have enough to prosecute. Is the risk worth it? There isn't one of those dip:crap:s waiting his turn that thought maybe this isn't a great idea?

The AD and the president do not disagree with the suspensions. There isn't some rogue non-school body suspending players.

The girl said she gave consent for the two guys. Is there a different standard of affirmative consent for two partners opposed to five or ten?

Also....does anyone know the appeals process for the expelled students?

I just can't fathom the logic that if the DA doesn't charge you, the school can't take action. That makes no sense. And the idea of different standards of proof is everywhere. The DA not charging doesn't matter.

One woman's word against half the football team? Of course the DA cannot bringing charges. Any idiot realizes that doesn't mean they are innocent any more than a not guilty verdict equates to innocence.

The school has not indicated they are suspended bc they are presumed guilty of sexual assault. They've released little detail due to privacy. Is it at all reasonable that admitted underage drinking and admitted lining up to climb onto a girl several of your teammates just finished with even if 1000% consent is confirmed grossly violates a school or athletic code of conduct? Not a stretch.

If we're going to put an inordinate amount of responsibility on females to not be victimy then there is an equal responsibility on males to not be rapey. And a video of a girl looking not wasted and flirty with the dude she says she consented to hooking up with isn't a free pass for the rest of the line. They are fortunate the law didn't have enough to prosecute. Is the risk worth it? There isn't one of those dip:crap:s waiting his turn that thought maybe this isn't a great idea?

The AD and the president do not disagree with the suspensions. There isn't some rogue non-school body suspending players.

Bottom line,
Sadly enough, young men need to have a "What is rape? What is consensual?" segment of their college orientation.
All men need to know that just because there is a beautiful woman dressed and dancing sexy while drunk, it does not mean she wants to screw everyone.
If she does, more power to her but I doubt you miss the signs if she wants to hook up with you. And, just because she wants to hook up, she may not want to screw you.

Should be GD common sense but obviously it isn't.

The girl said she gave consent for the two guys. Is there a different standard of affirmative consent for two partners opposed to five or ten?

Yes. While we dudes love to think that every woman secretly wants to be in a gang bang, the truth is that 99.999999999999% don't. So the chance of that being a real consent is virtually zero. So it has to be absolutely, signed and notarized contract clear. And every consent is separate. If she consented to 8, that doesn't mean the next two are assumed. Every party has to have consent.

I personally think even if she consented, it would be fine to boot them. Videoing you and your buddies having a gang bang is not the type of conduct we can expect from student representatives. I have no problem with that. No jail but suspensions are fine with me. Playing sports is a privilege not a right and a school certainly can say it brings with it certain standards of conduct.

Also....does anyone know the appeals process for the expelled students?

Omg you seriously have daughters? Affirmative consent would be a specific man and a specific occasion. Every. Single. Time. If you aren't sure you've got that, keep it in your pants FTLOG.

The next logical response for the administration is to officially withdraw from the Holiday Bowl.

I personally think even if she consented, it would be fine to boot them. Videoing you and your buddies having a gang bang is not the type of conduct we can expect from student representatives. I have no problem with that. No jail but suspensions are fine with me. Playing sports is a privilege not a right and a school certainly can say it brings with it certain standards of conduct.

Agreed. We took away a year from a player involved in theft of baby clothes to take care of his child.

These players likely would have never worn a Tulsa uniform again.

These players likely would have never worn a Tulsa uniform again.

I don't want to paint with too broad a brush but guys like this seem to be a disaster waiting to happen. Maybe they learned an important lesson but I'd fear for women around them, even if the woman in this case consented. Normal humans don't do this kind of thing even with consent.

Omg you seriously have daughters? Affirmative consent would be a specific man and a specific occasion. Every. Single. Time. If you aren't sure you've got that, keep it in your pants FTLOG.

The next logical response for the administration is to officially withdraw from the Holiday Bowl.

Well.....she said she gave affirmative consent for two guys. The first guy is in the clear under your definition while the second should be expelled? Yes...I have two daughters. Hopefully they will never be naked in an apartment having consensual sex with two guys at once while others watch (what she admits to have consented too).

Agree....normal people don't do this type of thing.....the guys or the girl.

The lead investigator who viewed the tape wrote "she does not appear to be upset by the sexual activity and does not indicate that she wants it to stop...and the sexual contact appears to the entirely consensual".

Trying :)

FYI....the EOAA made it's decision without viewing the video which was apparently the key evidence in clearing the boys.

How do you feel having the main argument in your support be "the video of the 10 players gang banging the girl looked consensual?" You'd be cool just letting that slide? And being the one who lets them stick around a campus full of young women?

How do you feel having the main argument in your support be "the video of the 10 players gang banging the girl looked consensual?" You'd be cool just letting that slide? And being the one who lets them stick around a campus full of young women?

I obviously wasnt there and haven't seen the tape so my response is a what if: If the sex was consensual (5 guys I believe while 5 more were silly in the house) then I have no issues with all parties staying in school. Do you really believe this type of thing is that uncommon on college campuses?

Last edited:
Do you really believe this type of thing is that uncommon on college campuses?
Yes. I suspect it's extremely rare. What percent of women do you believe have had intercourse with more than one person at a time, and especially what percent have had group sex with multiple partners while being recorded? I haven't researched it but I suspect the percent is very, very low. You spent way too much time with Penthouse Forum as a young man.

What percent of young men do you think would participate in this even if consensual. I suspect the percent is much, much lower than you'd think. This isn't normal human behavior.

Ok, I graduated from college in 1973. I went to a small school in western Oklahoma and this kind of behavior was not uncommon even then. Not much filming going on since tech was different then but lots of off campus parties ended up with things like this happening. I wouldn't be surprised if it was more common than most on here would think.

I obviously wasnt there and haven't seen the tape so my response is a what if: If the sex was consensual (5 guys I believe while 5 more were silly in the house) then I have no issues with all parties staying in school. Do you really believe this type of thing is that uncommon on college campuses?

When I ran a company, my view was that I was responsible for the safety of every employee when at work. You can't prevent everything but the buck stopped with me. And I suspect the leaders of the university feel the same way. It's not theoretical when you're responsible for what happens. If I suspected someone created an unsafe environment for others, I took that very seriously. It's a lot different when its a real person and you know their husband and kids than when it's theory land.

Ok, I graduated from college in 1973. I went to a small school in western Oklahoma and this kind of behavior was not uncommon even then. Not much filming going on since tech was different then but lots of off campus parties ended up with things like this happening. I wouldn't be surprised if it was more common than most on here would think.

We're talking about people though, not farm animals :)

If you listened to my fraternity buddies, it happened all the time.... But.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT