ADVERTISEMENT

Billy Gillespie

I was at the OU vs Il State game at the Mabee Center. Missed my friend's wedding because of the sunk cost of my tickets.

And it was boring. Really put an exclamation point on the fact I as m only interested if TU is playing.

Reactions: HuffyCane
Illinois State was always boring. I liked Bradley and Southern Illinois the best from the old Valley Days. I was in the bleachers at Wrigley years ago. I think Ben Sheets was pitching for the Brewers that day. I had on my TU '99 WAC tourney t-shirt that I still have. I probably had at least 20 people (either SI or Bradley alums) come up and talk college hoops b/c of my shirt and that was obviously when we were at the peak of our mighty powers. Good folks from what I could tell.

Illinois State was always boring. I liked Bradley and Southern Illinois the best from the old Valley Days. I was in the bleachers at Wrigley years ago. I think Ben Sheets was pitching for the Brewers that day. I had on my TU '99 WAC tourney t-shirt that I still have. I probably had at least 20 people (either SI or Bradley alums) come up and talk college hoops b/c of my shirt and that was obviously when we were at the peak of our mighty powers. Good folks from what I could tell.
Bradley fans during the Molinari days could be complete asses though.

Southern Illinois...they had some players in the Tubby days. I always remember Ashraf Amaya making JR look silly (of course JR was a FR and Amaya was a POY candidate). Those were some special drag out brawls.

Meh, they didn't bother ole' LEC none. I'm sure we've been a bunch of horse's asses too.
Now I did meet Charley Steiner at the 1996 MVC tourney because he's a Bradley alum. My friend and I walked past and we used to make a game of look-alikes. Of course we look back and we're like, "That guy looks just like Charley Steiner" and then we realized it actually was Charley Steiner.

One guy that went to TU games at the Convention Center was a ringer for Rodney Dangerfield. There was another kid who went who facially, was Big Country Bryant Reeves. Problem was he was only about 5'4". So we just called him Little Country.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT