ADVERTISEMENT

Bill Clinton and Attorney General Lynch have nice visit.

TUMe

I.T.S. Legend
Dec 3, 2003
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-clinton-lynch-airport-20160630-story.html?sjhdfsdf

Bill Clinton spoke with Attorney General Loretta Lynch during an impromptu meeting in Phoenix, but Lynch said the discussion did not involve the investigation into Hillary Clinton's email use as secretary of state.

Lynch told reporters that the meeting at a Phoenix airport on Monday was unplanned and happened while the former president was waiting to depart and walked over to the attorney general's plane after she landed there.

Lynch was traveling with her husband and said her conversation with the former president "was a great deal about his grandchildren" and their travels. The former president, who recently became a grandfather for the second time, told her he had been playing golf in Arizona and they discussed former Attorney General Janet Reno, whom they both know.

"There was no discussion of any matter pending for the department or any matter pending for any other body. There was no discussion of Benghazi, no discussion of the State Department emails, by way of example," Lynch said in Phoenix.

It is always nice when friends run across each other in the airport and one walks over to the other's plane and chews the fat a bit. Talk about the old times and old friends, look at pictures of grandchildren. Heart warming.

Don't take my word for it. David Axelrod says "foolish."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/loretta-lynch-bill-clinton-meeting-storm-of-criticism/

Sen. Chris Coons, D-Delaware, said in an interview on CNN that she should have told the former president, "'Look, I recognize you have a long record of leadership on fighting crime but this is not the time for us to have that conversation. After the election is over, I'd welcome your advice.'"

Last edited:
He accomplished what he set out to do. Lynch will seal the contents of the Clinton Foundation emails until well after the election. Interesting that a sitting U.S. AG would meet privately with the husband of someone under an FBI investigation.

Last edited:
Reactions: TUMe
You have to love Bill. He's trying. He would have Lynched Hillary...ah, but the other candidate is awful and that may Trump everything else. You can afford a few screw-ups with Donald as your opponent.

Lynch will let the FBI decide, but she will still take part in the discussions, huh? Okay, so it's your decision but you will be talking to your boss about it. But you will have the final say after your boss tells you what she thinks.

Last edited:
Look people, Bill Clinton is used to being alone with ladies for 30 minutes he only met a couple of times in passing. No harm done! :cool::eek::po_O

Guilty and unable to be proven innocent. Meanwhile we have Trump's fraud suits delayed, investigation into his using charitable donations for political donations delayed, his refusal to turn over tax returns, his failed businesses and damaged cities, investors, and suppliers all in evidence, hard evidence. But let Bill talk to someone for 5 minutes....woozer.

The differences in the level of scrutiny that a public official gets and someone in the private sector receives is night and day. HRC has been in the limelight and crosshairs for decades. She has had 8 Benghazi investigations ($100M) as Republicans lunge for another swiftboating opportunity. Meanwhile Trump's misdeeds, lies, and frauds get layered over and hidden in sealed settlements and judgements. Only recently has some of it come out. There's no freedom of information act that allows us access to Trump's private records or dealings. Then there's what Trump just flat out says.

Maybe it's unfair to many on this board, but it is hard to ignore that if one posts Trumps latest gaffe or scandal, the consistent response here is to claim Hilary is a bad or worse, no evidence required. Knee jerk reaction. Predictable.

Last edited:
Guilty unproven innocent.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/30/opinions/bill-clinton-loretta-lynch-meeting-opinion-callan/

CNN is hardly a Republican mouth piece. Notice the credentials of the author of the this comment.

He points out that professional ethics says that even the appearance of conflict of interest must be avoided. Lynch pretty much makes it clear with "I wouldn't do it again." Here is the top legal officer of the United States having a secret meeting with the spouse of someone being investigated by the FBI and also happens to be a former President of the United States.

This does not mean Hillary is guilty. She has presumptive innocence. It does mean that both Bill and the attorney general are guilty of terrible judgement. It also means the Lynch is guilty of unprofessional behavior in even giving the appearance of a conflict of interest. The author adds the final nail in the coffin by saying that Bill is not guilty of that since he has been disbarred.

When CNN [sometimes called the Clinton News Network] publishes an editorial comment like this it is shocking and would probably mean defeat for Hillary if she was not running against someone as bad or worse.

Last edited:
Maybe it's unfair to many on this board, but it is hard to ignore that if one posts Trumps latest gaffe or scandal, the consistent response here is to claim Hilary is a bad or worse, no evidence required. Knee jerk reaction. Predictable.

I see conservatives willing to consistently and harshly criticize Trump, and liberals who prefer to gloss over or minimize or explain away all of the things that make Clinton a truly awful human being. It's only natural for people to point out the disconnect.

Last edited:
One thing the WATU seems not to understand is that one persons faults do not take away the faults of another. In a perfect world, both candidates would be held accountable for their actions. What we hear is "Trump is worse than Hillary." "No! Hillary is worse than Trump." Both are fatally flawed. Neither is worthy of being President.

Last edited:
Guilty unproven innocent. Meanwhile we have Trump's fraud suits delayed, investigation into his using charitable donations for political donations delayed, his refusal to turn over tax returns, his failed businesses and damaged cities, investors, and suppliers all in evidence, hard evidence. But let Bill talk to someone for 5 minutes....woozer.

The differences in the level of scrutiny that a public official gets and someone in the private sector receives is night and day. HRC has been in the limelight and crosshairs for decades. She has had 8 Benghazi investigations ($100M) as Republicans lunge for another swiftboating opportunity. Meanwhile Trump's misdeeds, lies, and frauds get layered over and hidden in sealed settlements and judgements. Only recently has some of it come out. There's no freedom of information act that allows us access to Trump's private records or dealings. Then there's what Trump just flat out says.

Wow. This is a perfect example of everything that is wrong with politics, the two parties and America in a larger sense. Intelligent people (both sides) ignoring their candidates faults (and there are many on each side) while blaming the other side when those faults are addressed. Partisans are unable to objectively look at a person if said person has a D or R behind their name. The first step of course is to deflect and blame followed shortly by the "your guy is worse" argument. Notice that we have not seen one positive post directed at either candidate. Blaming others and degrading the opposition seems to be the motive operandi for this election.

I do give credit to some of the middle to right posters who aren't supporting Trump. Unfortunately, the left sheep seem to fallen inline with the party line despite having a candidate who the phrase "lacks integrity" is an understatement. You know....it is ok to think independently and support a third party candidate despite what your party is telling you. Independent thought can be a wonderful thing. As long as we accept these calibre of candidates the two corrupt political parties will continue business as usual. Hillary represents everything the left on here as argued against (corporate money, dishonesty, etc). The reason they can't break away from what the Dem leadership is directing them to do is beyond me. America deserves better than both of these options. Choose "other".

Reactions: Gmoney4WW and TUMe
You can't make $600,000.00 per speach and claim to be "just one of the folks"

Can we see the Clinton's tax return?
Can we see the Clinton foundation accounting rexords?

Last edited:
So the FBI talked to Clinton for roughly 3.5 hours at their headquarters, not at her home as we had been led to expect. None of this means she is guilty but at this stage it seems they are still taking the case seriously.

Whatever the result, it would be nice for everyone to know sooner rather than later. The media is taking note so it will be in the news all weekend.

You can't make $600,000.00 per speach and claim to be "just one of the folks"

Can we see the Clinton's tax return?
Can we see the Clinton foundation accounting rexords?

You realize years of tax records/financials are available for both with a quick Google search, correct?

Reactions: WATU2
This meeting between the FBI and Clinton was most likely setup earier in the week. It could have been part of the motivation of the Grandkids Summit on the Tarmac, even if it wasn't discussed or alluded to. It never hurts to talk to old friends and stay in touch. It would be nice to know when the FBI interview time was finalized.

This is different for the clintons. Usually they just let the media and their hired hands do the dirty work.

It is interesting that Bill seems to have a knack for screwing up HRC's campaign. Either they need to put him on leash or he wants to be the only President in the family.

Reactions: TUBballJunkie
It is interesting that Bill seems to have a knack for screwing up HRC's campaign. Either they need to put him on leash or he wants to be the only President in the family.
I think you are on to something here, Sir. Maybe he doesn't want the Secret Service reporting his antttics to his wife.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Clinton “is pleased to have had the opportunity to assist the Department of Justice in bringing this review to a conclusion” campaign spokesman Nick Merrill said in a statement.

Review =/= Criminal investigation. Assist means she didn't wait for a subpoena. I wonder if she was more pleased talking to the FBI or more pleased with Bill's Grandparent Summit.

Press the reset button on this whole election. No Trump No Clinton.

Lynch stated that she will accept the findings from career officials from Justice and the FBI.

Which means that if these people want to retire with their pension and other government benefits, they better fit her agenda.

Review =/= Criminal investigation. Assist means she didn't wait for a subpoena. I wonder if she was more pleased talking to the FBI or more pleased with Bill's Grandparent Summit.

Press the reset button on this whole election. No Trump No Clinton.

If you look at Comey's record (#2 in AG's office under Bush for example) he was probably just as concerned about not prosecuting Hillary as he was about prosecuting her. So with Benghazi's 8 investigations coming up empty, the FBI moving on, and the Clinton Foundation's and Hillary's tax records available online for all to see, the conclusion is...tah dah...she is as bad as Trump.

It's tiresome to go down the list of Trumps' lies, savaged investors and suppliers, lack of scrutiny, empty promises, and lack of relevant experience so I won't, but it is a false equivalency.

Warning, grossness follows:

Comparing Clinton and Trump is like the question. "If you were up to your neck in urine and somebody threw a buck of sh1t would you duck?"

Benghazi was not transparency's finest hour, she was kicked off of the Watergate Committee staff. She took sniper fire at the airport from a little girl with flowers, she billed hours as a lawyer that she didn't work. The FBI said she was extremely careless handling some of the most sensitive documents around. Her first answer is always something like "What difference does it make?" or "I did it for my convenience." "I needed a server because I didn't want to carry two phones." "I prefer Blackberry."

They both are crooks and liars. Trump is also an idiot. Both are self centered.

The American people don't trust either one. We are going to have a President who is not trusted by most Americans. Maybe that is a good thing. Some have been trusted too much.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Shouldn't this collusion event also be investigated by the new special prosecutor.

Why do all the witnesses against Bill and Hillary refuse to appear or just take the fifth?

I heard that a credible anonymous source told my granddaughter information that she told the ny times. Now cnn is reporting this conversation, . . .

2016 was such a fun year that it is great to relive it.

2017 is shaping up great with lots of fireworks from North Co-re-ah rockets, Don't forget the double play combination of Comey to Mueller to Trump and the NYT singers with "I heard through the Grapevine."

As J T Haney would say, "It just keeps getting more exciting...I can't wait to see 2018..

I'll be here all evening, don't forget to tip your waitress.

Don't forget bout health care.

Its as amusing as Monty Cobra.

Last edited:
more corruption, collusion here than any Russian involvement in the election.. Special Counsel. Where is the outrage from cnn, msnbc, cobert, the girls of the spew, ...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT