ADVERTISEMENT

Attendance incentives

TUBballJunkie

I.T.S. University President
Mar 16, 2003
Just an interesting tidbit on how an equally crummy sports town (despite being 7 times the size of Tulsa) tries to combat attendance problems and improve atmosphere (which admittedly is really really bad).

$1 hotdogs, beer and nachos prior to tomorrow's Rockets game. Where they are literally playing to clinch the series. (As of right now, baseline row 18 is available as low as $140.)

http://www.chron.com/sports/rockets...ress-fans-Rockets-Game-5-Thunder-11095019.php

Marketing can never sleep.

I'd pay more than $1 to see OKC embarrasses even further.

In that case, you can skip the line day of the game but the service charge becomes $5 instead of $3.
So what's the split on the $2 rev increase between ticket seller, concession co, and TU? Does TU still only get 25%, or does TU get sforked and that all goes to ticket seller?

So what's the split on the $2 rev increase between ticket seller, concession co, and TU? Does TU still only get 25%, or does TU get sforked and that all goes to ticket seller?

Sources claim the extra $2 goes to Sodexo so they can research ways to be less efficient than they currently are.

Ah my favorite beef - the one minute wait for an order of coffee and pretzel when no one else is in line. Many helpers, few doers.

Sodexo volunteers are the only folks I can reliably expect once a season for this to happen

Me: Let me get a Mountain Dew and Popcorn, here's the $6
Volunteer at Register: Ok now let me see a soda refill is $3 and a popcorn is $3 that'll be........... oh sorry just one second *gets calculator, pencil, and paper* OH! $6 please

* Money changes hands now patiently waiting *

Volunteer: (yelling to other worker) one popcorn please!!!!

* Me continuing to wait *

Volunteer: (with smile on face) Sir I'm sorry for the wait! Here's your nachos.

* Me confused about the nachos but missing game. So take them anyway *

Me: Great, thanks for the popcorn!

* Walk off with my popcorn nachos *

Sodexo volunteers are the only folks I can reliably expect once a season for this to happen

Me: Let me get a Mountain Dew and Popcorn, here's the $6
Volunteer at Register: Ok now let me see a soda refill is $3 and a popcorn is $3 that'll be........... oh sorry just one second *gets calculator, pencil, and paper* OH! $6 please

* Money changes hands now patiently waiting *

Volunteer: (yelling to other worker) one popcorn please!!!!

* Me continuing to wait *

Volunteer: (with smile on face) Sir I'm sorry for the wait! Here's your nachos.

* Me confused about the nachos but missing game. So take them anyway *

Me: Great, thanks for the popcorn!

* Walk off with my popcorn nachos *
And no Mountain Dew!

Reactions: cmullinsTU
Ah my favorite beef - the one minute wait for an order of coffee and pretzel when no one else is in line. Many helpers, few doers.
I thought the concession stand had a no beef allowed policy.

Last season I went to the concession stand (against my better judgemen) and ordered a popcorn and soda. after a few minutes this became way too complicated for them to get right and I just walked away.

They will actually be using 3D printers to create food at the stadium this fall. I can hardly wait.

Reactions: Li'l Eric Coley
They have a regular coffee pot(like the 12 cup kind in everybody's kitchen) at each stand and they can't figure out why they can't keep up at a cold game. Had to go to 5 or 6 stands to get two cups of coffee. One cup at one, no cups at 3 or 4 others, and one cup at another stand. Can't figure out why an organization like that doesn't have one or two large percolating cannisters at each stand for a cold game.

Reactions: TUBballJunkie
They will actually be using 3D printers to create food at the stadium this fall. I can hardly wait.
Serious or sarcastic post?

Well, you never know. I believe sarcasm was intended.

They can't manage basic concession functions well - except beer - so printing your food from a self service kiosk wouldn't be any better.

Reactions: Aboomer
Well, you never know. I believe sarcasm was intended.

They can't manage basic concession functions well - except beer - so printing your food from a self service kiosk wouldn't be any better.
Thought maybe it was a gimmick to distract from the bad service. :D

I guess I don't understand how a Reynolds Center concession can crank out 200 folks at halftime but football concessions have trouble cranking out 15 people in the 2nd quarter.

I guess I don't understand how a Reynolds Center concession can crank out 200 folks at halftime but football concessions have trouble cranking out 15 people in the 2nd quarter.

That's what I've never been able to understand either. Concession stands in Reynold's Center are far more efficient. I've even seen the same group volunteering at both, with differing results. I don't understand it.

Use the food trucks. There's one on the west side that I walk to from the east side at half time that has a pretty damn good burger. Hassle free experience.

Reactions: HuffyCane
Use the food trucks. There's one on the west side that I walk to from the east side at half time that has a pretty damn good burger. Hassle free experience.
This. I haven't used a piss trough or the concession stand since W was in office. Go outside. Get a beer and a burger from the trucks. Use the porta. Head back inside. No waiting if any and the whole process is seamless.

The troughs at Ohio State were quite impressive themselves. You looked your cohorts in the eye as you did your business.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT