ADVERTISEMENT

Arkansas State

TU Guy

I.T.S. Freshman
Gold Member
Sep 25, 2009
Margaritaville
I believe this game will determine the rest of our season. Beat a good Sunbelt team at home and I think we can win 5-6-7 games this season. If we cannot defeat them on our home field, not sure we can win many games in conference. My guess on an opening line....TU by 8.

If we play like we did the last 1.5 quarters, we should win. If we lose to Arkansas state, we don’t deserve a bowl.

We open as a 1 point dog... at home. I really hope we can come out and get this done. Losing this game would likely derail the season.

It probably has something to do with Ark St putting up nearly 400 yards against Alabama and us turning the ball over (-2 overall so far). 4 missed field goals don't help either. Only things I can think of to justify that line.

I definitely think TU will win the game but lets not down play the Arkansas State offense, pretty explosive for a non power 5 school. Reminds me of our team a couple of years ago. Lets get some butts in the stands and support this team...could be the difference.

I was shocked by the line as well. But, I think this reflects the fact that TU didn't put UCA away until the 4th quarter. Vegas can't figure out Texas (the USC game is "OFF") and isn't factoring it in.

I'm hoping for a solid 10 point win with no nerves down the stretch. TU again gets to play when OU (at 11 on TV at ISU) and OSU (at 2? in Stillwater) are not playing. Hopefully, we get some curious non-regulars.

Reactions: goldenhurricane2
I've got two extras that are going to drive up from Denton, and last time they did we destroyed Houston. So let's hope this starts a trend...

Reactions: TU4ever2
I'll be in town visiting my wife's family. Trying to convince her to go, but she's an OSU grad and so far she's not having it.

I'll be in town visiting my wife's family. Trying to convince her to go, but she's an OSU grad and so far she's not having it.

Yea, OSU has Boise. Should be a great game!
I just had to turn down 2 suite tickets for that game as my 4th grade team plays late morning and the TU game that evening.

I'm actually hoping OSU wins the game with Boise. Otherwise, Boise has the inside track for the non P5 bowl game. Rooting for the Pokes is a really hard thing to do.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
I'm actually hoping OSU wins the game with Boise. Otherwise, Boise has the inside track for the non P5 bowl game. Rooting for the Pokes is a really hard thing to do.
Brett Rypien looked like he hs taken some QB lessons over the summer. Their passing game is the best I've seen it since Peterson left.

I definitely think TU will win the game but lets not down play the Arkansas State offense, pretty explosive for a non power 5 school. Reminds me of our team a couple of years ago. Lets get some butts in the stands and support this team...could be the difference.

TU football Facebook had more likes for the Texas vs Tulsa good game post than I have seen on it before, that's a positive sign.

I was shocked by the line as well. But, I think this reflects the fact that TU didn't put UCA away until the 4th quarter. Vegas can't figure out Texas (the USC game is "OFF") and isn't factoring it in.

I'm hoping for a solid 10 point win with no nerves down the stretch. TU again gets to play when OU (at 11 on TV at ISU) and OSU (at 2? in Stillwater) are not playing. Hopefully, we get some curious non-regulars.

Texas moves the needle in Oklahoma, seems we have got more credit for a good showing against them than we did winning vs Notre Dame.

People noticed the difference in the pregame/tailgating. Had a few people mention they had heard it was good from others/media. Hopefully we add fireworks again and get the lights right for them.

A good solid win and we could see our support grow. A good time and a good team will help all the marketing. The walk seems to be getting a nice push too and is a great cause.

Lots of positives floating around out there hopefully Tulsa can capitalize them as well.

I’ll be at the game this weekend! Likely the only one I can make it to this year (darn kids!!!). Since I no longer partake in the adult beverages, can someone volunteer to drink some nice bourbon on my behalf this Saturday?!

I’ll be at the game this weekend! Likely the only one I can make it to this year (darn kids!!!). Since I no longer partake in the adult beverages, can someone volunteer to drink some nice bourbon on my behalf this Saturday?!
I got you covered bro. Drinking some right now...

Reactions: cmullinsTU

Just curious- how do you know that you can’t attend a game before the kickoff times are set?

As Li'l Eric said, I live out of town and can only make it back to Tulsa once every few months

Weather looks to be great tomorrow evening for the game: partly cloudy, mid 80°s at kickoff, and just a slight breeze.

OU plays at 11:00, OSU plays at 2:30, so neither games interfere with ours.

That just leaves it up to us to go out there and get a win. Hopefully we’ll have a decent crowd to support the team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT