ADVERTISEMENT

Arkansas state vs central Arkansas

TULSARISING

I.T.S. Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 21, 2017
It’s on ESPN plus if anyone wants to watch it, I’m sure the coaches are watching

Last edited:
Not too hot in the red zone. Move it down the field well enough though. Had to settle for two field goals, and on the second one they had first and goal from like the 3 yard line.

Reactions: TULSARISING
Not too hot in the red zone. Move it down the field well enough though. Had to settle for two field goals, and on the second one they had first and goal from like the 3 yard line.
Ya , I’m wanting to see how they handle the passing attack of Central Arkansas , central Arkansas tried one of those fancy 2 yard passes when they needed 10 so I havnt been able to tell yet

Make that 8 straight running plays , they probably can’t pass the ball

Not a very high scoring game , both teams struggling on offense , 6-0 with 4 min left in the half

Ark state will probably put this one away now up 10, but they did not look good this evening. While UCA isn’t an awful Fcs team (7-4 last year), they aren’t great either… I’ve seen nothing from ark state tonight that’s looked good.

Also this game is making me really appreciate our in-house production quality. Just be prepared for an awful broadcast on Saturday if it’s anything like I’m watching right now.

Ark state will probably put this one away now up 10, but they did not look good this evening. While UCA isn’t an awful Fcs team (7-4 last year), they aren’t great either… I’ve seen nothing from ark state tonight that’s looked good.
We are definitely the better team , our offense is a lot better than theirs , and I think our defense can slow down their offense enough for our offense to take over . If we don’t go over there and do a bunch of stupid things like getting field goals getting blocked for tds , we should win

What a play call! Central Arkansas takes the lead with a min left

TD Arkansas state , 3 seconds left . Good game between 2 bad teams

I think c Ark got screwed. His foot was in bounds for sure, but he didn’t maintain possession - ball hit the ground.

Doesn’t really matter. Ark state got taken to the wire by a mediocre fcs team. As long as we don’t shat our pants, we should take care of business next weekend.

Huge momentum for ASU for next week.
Normally I would agree , but not against central Arkansas ; this was not a well coached game by either team, beating an average fcs team in the last seconds shouldn’t be a big momentum boost , TU needs to go in and take care of business

A quick peek over on the ark state board and I was gifted with this gem:

“Look for another competitive game , but Tulsa is not as good as UCA , and you get them at home so expect a win.”

🤦🏼‍♂️
Truly a special breed of Eastern Arkansas,
couldn’t have been that intelligent to begin with by hiring butch Jones

We are definitely the better team , our offense is a lot better than theirs , and I think our defense can slow down their offense enough for our offense to take over . If we don’t go over there and do a bunch of stupid things like getting field goals getting blocked for tds , we should win
Our 1st team defense played fine last week. 1 big play early on was pretty much it. The 2nd TD against TU was vs the FG team. I'm more concerned with our kicking game than our defense right now. Now, if we end up with a couple of injuries and have to start rotating in the 2nd and 3rd teamers on D then we might have some issues, but I think the front 7 is serviceable and can create enough pressure to help out the secondary.

Offense we're fine as long as the OL keeps opening some gaps. I like the fact that Wilson and Spurrier worked at getting Presley the ball on screen and jet sweeps. Seems to me that's the way to utilize him and occasionally line him up at TB and let him run a wheel route...ain't no LBer we play this season keeping up with him. Also, Grayson Tempest has some great speed and elusiveness...needs to settle down on ST though and take what the coverage is giving him.

One quick note on our kicking game is that our placekicker that signed with Penn State did not kick for them in game one?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT