ADVERTISEMENT

any draftable

IMO when KG goes through the speed and agility drills in front of the pro scouts, he could end up a "high" rounder.

Believe me, they know who he is and where he is.

No doubt Key will be drafted, I predict 5th-6th round with anything outside of the 5th round being a steal. I think St. Louis will give him a strong look, possibly Baltimore as well.

I want to think he will be good. But i doubt his speed for the NFL, and he had trouble with easy drops sometimes. I doubt he runs under a 4.6 which would likely be undrafted or 7th round and practice squad.

As of last night, he was that nation's leading WR in yardage. He'll have a good career in the NFL I have to imagine. HIs one-on-one / two skills are his specialty. His end-of-half catches against OU and Memphis were things of beauty.

I used to doubt Key's speed and ability to get off of press coverage...until this year. He abused the CB from VaTech yesterday and had our O-line given Dane more than 1.5 seconds to throw, He may have had 200 yds receiving last night. His speed has improved a lot in the last 2 seasons. His hand strength has improved. He flat out looked the part of an NFL caliber receiver this year.

Garrett with the NFL...

Floyd should get a tryout with the Canadian league...

I want to think he will be good. But i doubt his speed for the NFL, and he had trouble with easy drops sometimes. I doubt he runs under a 4.6 which would likely be undrafted or 7th round and practice squad.

He just led the NCAA and performed best against his best competition. If he doesn't have a horrendous combine he'll be drafted, no question.

I hope he does well. But just think he doesn't have enough talent to compete against NFL CBs.

Key was part of the reason our other WRs got open so much. The secondary's we played generally rolled coverage his way. He was a corners nightmare - 6-4 WR who can flat out run!

I hope he does well. But just think he doesn't have enough talent to compete against NFL CBs.

Interesting, I can't think of another talent to come out of TU who has the body and raw skills to be a very good NFL WR, not since the great Dan Bitson. Key may lack some speed, but he has the size, route running, and ball catching skills NFL scouts love.

TX

Reactions: jesterondirt
Interesting, I can't think of another talent to come out of TU who has the body and raw skills to be a very good NFL WR, not since the great Dan Bitson. Key may lack some speed, but he has the size, route running, and ball catching skills NFL scouts love.

TX
Romby was pretty NFL ready in terms of build, although he had sub 4.5 speed. I think Garrett is a 4-5 round guy even if he runs low 4.6. He showed great promise after recovering from his injury and this is the first year after that injury that we really see his potential. He will need to work on his speed but as long as he continues to improves his route running skills and his strength, he will be able to get constant separation which is what NFL teams highly value in a reciever.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
He has done well vs high rated cb this year like Sanchez. That must count for something.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT