ADVERTISEMENT

Gary Collier interview on EOH Podcast

Gary Collier only saw limited minutes as a freshman an went 0-3 from the three. I thought Fresh man Kelly Wells was better and we had a couple of good freshmen. Kelly left after one year. Shows you why you need to keep players four years now​

Wells went back home to his native Morehead, KY where he was a statewide prep star. He was a huge recruit for TU at the time. He was a three year starter at Morehead State and went to the tourney twice. Something very much in doubt at TU at the time he left.

He’s been a coach at Pikeville (KY) University, a small private Presbyterian affiliated institution, for probably 15 years. He got his 300th win in NAIA a season or two ago, I forget. Why he isn’t in D1, I have no idea. He’s a huge part of the Pikeville community, that’s for sure.

Reactions: I.I.
Gary Collier only saw limited minutes as a freshman an went 0-3 from the three. I thought Fresh man Kelly Wells was better and we had a couple of good freshmen. Kelly left after one year. Shows you why you need to keep players four years now​
J.D. was going to run off Collier after has freshmen season until he got canned and Tubby took over. Tubby changed Collier's career. Collier was immediately a double-digit scorer as a sophomore. He learned how to shoot three-pointers. Was a 6-4 post player with limited jumping ability coming out of high school.

Reactions: HuffyCane
J.D. was going to run off Collier after has freshmen season until he got canned and Tubby took over. Tubby changed Collier's career. Collier was immediately a double-digit scorer as a sophomore. He learned how to shoot three-pointers. Was a 6-4 post player with limited jumping ability coming out of high school.
Can't imagine why Collier didn't develop with JD.

JD was such a patient coach.

Can't imagine why Collier didn't develop with JD.

JD was such a patient coach.
Donald Duck Lol GIF

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT