ADVERTISEMENT

AACMen's Soccer

TU_BLA

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2012
Tulsa, OK
TU advanced out of the quarters last Saturday vs. UCF winning on PKs. TUs keeper was gold. My son (an aspiring keeper), watched him as he set up for each kick and it was a great example of prep for my son.

Last night, TU defeated #7 SMU in PKs to advance to tomorrow's final against UCONN. By all accounts TU thoroughly outplayed SMU only to struggle finishing at goal, which has been a common theme. Whoever was tweeting the game action felt TU could have been up 3 or 4 to 1 with about 10 min left.

This TU team is extremely young with some very talented kids in the bench who haven't seen much playing time this year. Should be a good few years coming up.

3 straight games with PK wins. While I contend that PKs are the absolute worst way to settle a game, TU has the most arrogant GK I have ever seen in person and he certainly has the game to back up the gas he's talking. The number of toe to toe games they played with highly ranked teams all year (they played 4-5 top 20 teams including #1 & #2) has allowed this team to play games like this and come out on top. They are not intimidated by anyone or any situation they are in.

We were extremely fortunate in the PKs during the title game. Their keeper actually stopped 2 kicks and their kickers actually missed the goal twice.

We were extremely fortunate in the PKs during the title game. Their keeper actually stopped 2 kicks and their kickers actually missed the goal twice.
PKs are the crappiest way ever to settle a game, let alone a champion. As a dad to an up and coming goalie who has had to face a few PKs, they are just patently unfair to the GKs. And yet somehow shooters miss 196 sq ft of space. Jake McGuire is a stud though at GK for TU. He made some saves in the UCF game that were remarkable.

PKs suck, but in a tournament after OT - you have to do something. Otherwise the game goes on and on AND becomes nothing more than an endurance test. it ceases being soccer and is just attrition.

TU hosts TONIGHT at 7pm.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT