ADVERTISEMENT

AAC Tourney...

TU Sepp

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Feb 8, 2004
It appears all the teams will go to the tourney. Time for Rick to announce TU will be moving forward in a new direction as soon as the regular season is over and turn the team over to Kawanza for one last tourney game and then announce the new coach asap!

There’s no point in firing Frnak now and turning the team over to Shea or Kwanza. That should have been done in December.

A more horrendous scenario would have the powers that be fire Frnak and put Toby in charge. Just to stick the knife in and turn it a little.

There’s no point in firing Frnak now and turning the team over to Shea or Kwanza. That should have been done in December.

A more horrendous scenario would have the powers that be fire Frnak and put Toby in charge. Just to stick the knife in and turn it a little.
It would be Shea if they turned to someone in the program. My question is what style of ball would Shea have his team play? Would it be Tubby ball which was frenetic up and down, shoot a lot, tough man defense, etc.? Do most kids want to play man defense (unless you go to Syracuse where you know you're playing a crazy zone).

Honestly, we need new blood in the program from coaches to players. Pritchard and Big K are the 2 guys I'd keep around. Pritchard because he's a lot like Pooh. K because the kid gives the type of effort that is infectious. He's got some skill but I think he gets lost on defense in the zone because he's playing out of position on the wing in it. Honestly haven't seen enough of Chapman, Elkamil, and Urbancic to know if they should stick.

It would have been interesting but at this point no time to change our offensive or defensive philosophy.

Here is the pairings for Thursday. We play Wichita State. If we win then we play the SMOO on Friday. If we win that one then we play the winner of the Memphis game. If we win that then we play probably Houston unless they falter.

Thursday, March 10

Game 1 – East Carolina vs Cincinnati at 12:00 p.m. ESPNU
Game 2 – Tulsa vs Wichita State at 2:00 p.m. ESPNU
Game 3 – South Florida vs UCF at 6:00 p.m. ESPNU

Friday, March 11

Game 4 – Game 1 Winner vs Houston at 12:00 p.m. ESPN2
Game 5 – Temple vs Tulane at 2:00 p.m. ESPN2
Game 6 – Game 2 Winner vs SMU at 6:00 p.m. ESPNU
Game 7 – Game 3 Winner vs Memphis at 8:00 p.m. ESPNU

Saturday, March 12

Game 8 – Game 4 Winner vs Game 5 Winner at 2:00 p.m. ESPN2
Game 9 – Game 6 Winner vs Game 7 Winner at 4:00 p.m. ESPN2

Sunday, March 13

Game 10 – Game 8 Winner vs Game 9 Winner at 12:00 p.m. ESPNU

Here is the pairings for Thursday. We play Wichita State. If we win then we play the SMOO on Friday. If we win that one then we play the winner of the Memphis game. If we win that then we play probably Houston unless they falter.

Thursday, March 10

Game 1 – East Carolina vs Cincinnati at 12:00 p.m. ESPNU
Game 2 – Tulsa vs Wichita State at 2:00 p.m. ESPNU
Game 3 – South Florida vs UCF at 6:00 p.m. ESPNU

Friday, March 11

Game 4 – Game 1 Winner vs Houston at 12:00 p.m. ESPN2
Game 5 – Temple vs Tulane at 2:00 p.m. ESPN2
Game 6 – Game 2 Winner vs SMU at 6:00 p.m. ESPNU
Game 7 – Game 3 Winner vs Memphis at 8:00 p.m. ESPNU

Saturday, March 12

Game 8 – Game 4 Winner vs Game 5 Winner at 2:00 p.m. ESPN2
Game 9 – Game 6 Winner vs Game 7 Winner at 4:00 p.m. ESPN2

Sunday, March 13

Game 10 – Game 8 Winner vs Game 9 Winner at 12:00 p.m. ESPNU
The start to the Frank Haith comeback story begins on Thursday

The start to the Frank Haith comeback story begins on Thursday
Frank has been left for dead time and time again. He has always found a way to survive. Whether it’s getting another job before his current team goes on probation on winning just enough games to keep employed. Never count the guy out

It’s been a crap year but we’re still good enough to beat anyone but Houston. There’s always a chance…

Reactions: loca2874
Frank has been left for dead time and time again. He has always found a way to survive. Whether it’s getting another job before his current team goes on probation on winning just enough games to keep employed. Never count the guy out
If he wins the tournament , I’ll never say a negative thing about him again

He will either win the tournament and survive another year or his agent who is probably on the phone now will have some place ready with a susceptible A.D.

Reactions: TULSARISING
I just want a W over WSU and their entitled fans. TU could have won here with any outside shooting.
The game in Wheatcheettah came down to the final minutes when we could not hit anything

I am in no way predicting or even feeling we have a good chance to win the AAC tournament. Hard to imagine how that could happen.

But a guy can dream. At least until Wednesday afternoon:)

Reactions: TULSARISING
I am in no way predicting or even feeling we have a good chance to win the AAC tournament. Hard to imagine how that could happen.

But a guy can dream. At least until Wednesday afternoon:)
You giving up early? We don’t play until Thursday.

The same answer to “How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll, tootsie pop”. The world will never know
Sorry, I read that and saw the line drawn kid asking the owl that question and the owl counting in his pompous voice "One....twooooo.....threee.....CRUNCH. Three"

• Haha
Reactions: loca2874
Sorry, I read that and saw the line drawn kid asking the owl that question and the owl counting in his pompous voice "One....twooooo.....threee.....CRUNCH. Three"
If you didn’t see the owl then you need professional help lol

Women play Wichita state today at 1 pm on ESPN+
Go TU! They seem to have hit a bit of a wall the last 10 games or so. Everything seemed to change when they lost at USF after having a pretty big lead. The lack of size inside has really worn the team down especially defensively and trying to keep bigger players off the glass. There is also a lack of depth. Sometimes we play 8 players but I think Nelp's preference is 7. Also doesn't help that Maya and Wyvette have been in and out of the lineup the last 2 months for various reasons. Nelp was on an interview with Rick Couri today and he mentioned that Wyvette was shooting 46% from 3, Maddie Biddle was 43% and Maya was 39%. That's phenomenal stuff.

Poindexter was AAC FR of the Year, Wyvette was all AAC 2nd team. There's a 6'3" player coming from CA next season and she is an absolute monster inside. I'd like to see us win today but have no illusions about beating UCF...they are really big, strong, and athletic. We do not match up well with UCF right now.

Next year will be a different story.

What about Aston...he may agree to streak across the U on a Wednesday at noon if Frank wins the AAC tournament next weekend
I’m just queuing up ding dong the witch is dead. This team is not good enough to win 4 games in a row against decent teams. I’d rather we lose and make the decision simple for the powers that be than win a game or two and complicate things.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT