ADVERTISEMENT

AAC Expansion

CUSA should it exist should add New Mexico State and Idaho as western partners.

• Haha
Reactions: 'Cane-man
Lamar just joined the WAC this year. Perhaps they leap to CUSA.

Reactions: loca2874
What happens to the thundering turd?
The sunbelt is still talking to Marshall, ODU and taking to James Madison about making the leap to FBS. Apparently they are further along in talks with ODU and JMU than they are with Marshall. Marshall would make sense for them for Marshall’s sake

Maybe someone will want to take former Independence Bowl champion McNeese State.

I really feel we should have went for Colorado State, Boise State, Air Force, Army, Marshall and a Texas school in CUSA or push for ND State to go FBS. Since we didn’t even hit the MWC I am starting to think that Aresco and Thompson are making deals with each other

Reactions: TulsaAM
They should go for North Dakota State, they are better than a lot of division 1 teams
Fun fact, the biggest city in North Dakota is barely bigger and Norman, and 1/3 of it is actually in Minnesota, not even North Dakota. It would be an act of profound cruelty to force our athletes to go there regularly. Especially those who play spring, winter or fall sports.

Fun fact, the biggest city in North Dakota is barely bigger and Norman, and 1/3 of it is actually in Minnesota, not even North Dakota. It would be an act of profound cruelty to force our athletes to go there regularly. Especially those who play spring, winter or fall sports.
Not for us. For Judy.

Not for us. For Judy.
Oh in that case I don't care. My apologies tulsarising for missing your point. It was quite the blast from the past this week when I read a quote from Judy in a story about the destruction of CUSA. I hadn't thought about her in years. At least Aresco failed somewhat less spectacularly than she did.

Last edited:
Oh in that case I don't care. My apologies tulsarising for missing your point. It was quite the blast from the past this week when I read a quote from Judy in a story about the destruction of CUSA. I hadn't thought about her in years. At least Aresco failed somewhat less spectacularly than she did.
I do like the way NDSU plays though, I would really like to have their coach

Did that once and got Don Morton for two years.
He went 6-5 and 7-4 didn’t he ? Not that impressive , but I don’t think NDSU was that good like they are today, that was a little bit before my time though

Reactions: TULSARISING
Morton’s daughter was in my 9th-grade history class. When TU got smoked, everyone made sure to remind her of it lol. I won’t comment on my level of participation.

I went to a Valparaiso game this weekend, it was the size of a middle of the road High School stadium in Oklahoma but a fun atmosphere with great fans. I found myself thinking, Tulsa has just about as much actual attendance as Valpo....

This is just icing on the cake for what has been happening at the University of Tulsa recently. You need top of the line facilities and butts in the seats... Tulsa was never going to have enough of either to earn a seat at the table.

So realignment has crossed my mind today along with other things. Right now we dont have divisions and everything is straight up and down. With Adding these 6 teams, do we go to two divisions of 7 teams? If so, this is what my mind came up with

Football

East
Florida Atlantic
Charlotte
East Carolina
Temple
South Florida
Memphis
UAB

West
North Texas
UTSA
Rice
SMU
Tulsa
Navy
Tulane

Basketball

East
Florida Atlantic
Charlotte
East Carolina
Temple
South Florida
Memphis
UAB

West
North Texas
UTSA
Rice
SMU
Tulsa
Wichita St.
Tulane

With Navy and Wichita State not full members they get what spot needs filled so I put them both in the west.

What do you think

I really think the American should have went after ND State instead of Rice.
ND State might be loaded with non-qualifiers. Remember how Troy State had great football with non-qualifiers then went D-1 and their football is barely average.

So realignment has crossed my mind today along with other things. Right now we dont have divisions and everything is straight up and down. With Adding these 6 teams, do we go to two divisions of 7 teams? If so, this is what my mind came up with

Football

East
Florida Atlantic
Charlotte
East Carolina
Temple
South Florida
Memphis
UAB

West
North Texas
UTSA
Rice
SMU
Tulsa
Navy
Tulane

Basketball

East
Florida Atlantic
Charlotte
East Carolina
Temple
South Florida
Memphis
UAB

West
North Texas
UTSA
Rice
SMU
Tulsa
Wichita St.
Tulane

With Navy and Wichita State not full members they get what spot needs filled so I put them both in the west.

What do you think
I'd flip Memphis and Navy

ND State might be loaded with non-qualifiers. Remember how Troy State had great football with non-qualifiers then went D-1 and their football is barely average.
I would have chosen Northern Illinois over ND State or Rice.

I'd flip Memphis and Navy
It would be interesting to know what Memphis prefers. Probably more of their traditional opponents in the East.
Those were the teams I flipped to get to here. My only reason for why I did this is if you are not a full member you get what area is left over. Navy has been playing against the “west” teams since it’s been in the American. Just keeping it that way.

Those were the teams I flipped to get to here. My only reason for why I did this is if you are not a full member you get what area is left over. Navy has been playing against the “west” teams since it’s been in the American. Just keeping it that way.
Understood. Just thinking that it helps someone like Temple to have another northeastern opponent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT