ADVERTISEMENT

AAC Championship

TU1NNJ

I.T.S. Head Coach
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2004
I know this won’t be popular but I am okay if the conference cancels our regular season game against UC. We need to get healed up to have a chance.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
We’ve have had tickets since the original date and through 3 reschedules. I can’t wait to see my team play again.

Reactions: 4tu2
I have a bad feeling UC, with the league’s tacit approval, will COVID out on this game.

Game day would definitely be here. It would be hard to beat Cincy twice, but I want to get as high ranked as possible

KJRH is reporting that ESPN Gameday may be here next week. It will be a shame if the Bearcats don’t show again.
It adds the fun factor of a home game and a chance for hosting an ABC aired championship.

I posted elsewhere that my head says the league should cancel and put the championship at a neutral site. Drivable for both teams.

But I would hate to miss game day and the experience.

I think the only options are, play next week and try to get home field for championship, or the championship will be in Cincy. I also think we may need to win both games to pass coastal carolina if they beat BYU. Only playing and winning one may not do the trick if we want the NY6 game

I’m all for playing Cincy this week, enjoying Gameday on campus, and COVIDing the championship the following week. With a win for us of course being the deciding factor...

Reactions: Original TULSAFAN
I am ok with one game at a neutral sight for the championship. Keep it on 12/19. That will mean Cincinnati will have gone almost one month without playing. That could help us. I am scared to death of these awful starts. Can anyone explain why our offense consistently looks so bad the first half. If we do that against Cincinnati they will embarrass us beyond belief! Maybe we should scrimmage ourselves the entire warmup and then go play.

I am ok with one game at a neutral sight for the championship. Keep it on 12/19. That will mean Cincinnati will have gone almost one month without playing. That could help us. I am scared to death of these awful starts. Can anyone explain why our offense consistently looks so bad the first half. If we do that against Cincinnati they will embarrass us beyond belief! Maybe we should scrimmage ourselves the entire warmup and then go play.

I can try to explain... It's so that after every single game this season, we can hear coach Monty say in a post-game sound byte, "ahhh, well, ya know, we didn't really get off to the start we were hoping for..."
Because he's a horrific motivator and never has the team prepared out of the gate.

Reactions: 4tu2
Play it in Orlando. That’s the best venue in the conference based on local CoVid restrictions and they did a good job of game management. It’s was at 20 % and felt and sounded full. There’s probably economic incentives to do it from the state and local tax folks. The stadium is state of the art for TV, plug and go. Favorable weather. Good airport. Cheap flights and plenty of lodging.

Reactions: quincy101
Wow. Just wow...

Tulsa must play Cincy twice to get to a NY6 bowl. Hoping that CC loses in their championship game - which is possible.

Tulsa fans should be livid about any thought of playing Cincy just once. Any notion of 1 game is short sided and very "wussy-like."

Play it in Orlando. That’s the best venue in the conference based on local CoVid restrictions and they did a good job of game management. It’s was at 20 % and felt and sounded full. There’s probably economic incentives to do it from the state and local tax folks. The stadium is state of the art for TV, plug and go. Favorable weather. Good airport. Cheap flights and plenty of lodging.
I prefer driving distance to Tulsa. The cost, and to a degree risk, of flying would deter me and many others.

I prefer driving distance to Tulsa. The cost, and to a degree risk, of flying would deter me and many others.
Clearly. I was making a point that geography is largely irrelevant for made for TV games like this one, created years ago. Post CoVid and post revenue loss, one would think they are going away. Until then. I would rather play in Orlando rather than Cincy. And I would love to see those UCF effs cheering for Tulsa, which they surely would.

Tulsa needs to have our home field advantage, at least once. If they want to move the game back one week & have it be the championship game, good, as long as it’s here.

I think TV money will keep this a 2 game series.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT