ADVERTISEMENT

AAC Championship Game Swag

I like the gray shirts BUT the reminder of the location of the game is too much to handle.

Arizona u is focusing on fickle at cincinnati.
Wow. Cincinnati is a better job. Arizona's highest hope ever is to finish 4th in the PAC 10/12/14. USC, Oregon, and Washington will always be higher than Arizona. Stanford certainly has more prestige than Arizona and David Shaw is one of the great coaches in America. He gets more out of less than any coach in America. I bet Arizona could lure Herman away from Texas, TX would agree to 50% of the buyout and then they could go after who they want. Cristobal would be my choice as long as he can lure a big time DC from somewhere (Pellini at LSU maybe).

Arizona would be better off pulling Hugh Freeze or the coach at Coastal. It would be an appropriate step.

They are being used by his agent to up his money at Illinois or Texas. Arizona is a place you go after you’ve been fired.
Illinois would be interesting for Fickel. The problem is it's another place you can't win consistently at. They're a lower half of the B1G team and even in their best seasons, no better than 2nd in their division during their best years. Illinois may give him more $ but Cincinnati is the better job. He should hold out until one of the big jobs comes open. You've got to think Saban is close to retiring (and they'll have the balls to go after Dabo at Clemson) and Texas has been a merry go round the last few years. Lincoln Riley is persistently rumored as a HC candidate in the NFL and Fickel would be a good fit at OU, IMO.

All of these coaches chase the money without understanding they're going to get fired in 3-4 years because they're going to a place no coach can win consistently at...that's why there is constant change. The highest G5 jobs are frequently better jobs albeit come with slightly less salary. The schools support the coaches with resources for recruiting, facilities, game day experience, etc. that rival the schools they would be going to.

Perfect for us, not perfect for them.
Actually, Monty would be near perfect for a service academy job. They typically have the QBs who can run the option and make the read. If they added an adequate passing game, Monty's veer could work quite well in those places.

Actually, Monty would be near perfect for a service academy job. They typically have the QBs who can run the option and make the read. If they added an adequate passing game, Monty's veer could work quite well in those places.
Negative. Offense depends on oversized guards and mobile tackles. Both in short supply at the academy level and guard requirements would exceed academy height and weight restrictions.

Reactions: astonmartin708
I dont see fickel taking any of these jobs. He just turned down Michigan St last year I believe. Why turn down Michigan st to go to an even worse big 10 team in Illinois.

Reactions: TU_BLA
I dont see fickel taking any of these jobs. He just turned down Michigan St last year I believe. Why turn down Michigan st to go to an even worse big 10 team in Illinois.
So if you have forgotten the cesspool that is Michigan St, they're coming off of a major scandal in which one of the school's athletics doctors is accused of sexually assaulting athletes. This is the same doctor who was accused of sexual assault within the US Women's gymnastics team. This led to the uncovering of a number of sexual assault issues in the men's basketball and football programs (as well as some other programs) that the accusers said went dismissed by Michigan St. admin and coaches including Tom Izzo and Mark Dantonio. The situation led to the resignation of several MSU admin including the university president. It is almost as big and awful as the Baylor football stuff. I believe MSU is still under the throes of a federal title IX investigation. Dantonio did not survive the fallout because the MSU football team fell below expectations last year. Izzo is untouchable in the same ilk as Self and Coach K. Those guys are teflon when it comes to having to answer for any types of NCAA violations or title IX violations as is the case at MSU. The Title IX suit at MSU is currently being appealed to the US Supreme Court by the plaintiffs.

I say all this to say, Illinois, as far as I am aware, doesn't have the same issues hanging over it that may end up in NCAA sanctions

Reactions: HuffyCane
So if you have forgotten the cesspool that is Michigan St, they're coming off of a major scandal in which one of the school's athletics doctors is accused of sexually assaulting athletes. This is the same doctor who was accused of sexual assault within the US Women's gymnastics team. This led to the uncovering of a number of sexual assault issues in the men's basketball and football programs (as well as some other programs) that the accusers said went dismissed by Michigan St. admin and coaches including Tom Izzo and Mark Dantonio. The situation led to the resignation of several MSU admin including the university president. It is almost as big and awful as the Baylor football stuff. I believe MSU is still under the throes of a federal title IX investigation. Dantonio did not survive the fallout because the MSU football team fell below expectations last year. Izzo is untouchable in the same ilk as Self and Coach K. Those guys are teflon when it comes to having to answer for any types of NCAA violations or title IX violations as is the case at MSU. The Title IX suit at MSU is currently being appealed to the US Supreme Court by the plaintiffs.

I say all this to say, Illinois, as far as I am aware, doesn't have the same issues hanging over it that may end up in NCAA sanctions
Good point, I completely blanked on that.

The school should be reduced to rubble then salted. There’s a lot more culpability in this case from the administration that people don’t want to talk about. Nor do they want to talk about the fact that dozens of doctors do the same type of stuff every year and that’s just the ones we catch.

Reactions: TU_BLA
Tickets are now available for the championship game. Looks like we were allotted about 250. $67 each in groups of 4 only.

Tickets are now available for the championship game. Looks like we were allotted about 250. $67 each in groups of 4 only.

Cincinnati now showing how they were very concerned about covid safety by getting a large gathering exemption from the state of Ohio

Reactions: drboobay
The school should be reduced to rubble then salted. There’s a lot more culpability in this case from the administration that people don’t want to talk about. Nor do they want to talk about the fact that dozens of doctors do the same type of stuff every year and that’s just the ones we catch.

The same could be said of Penn State, yet they are still around.

Under the circumstances they never should have b÷n allowed to host the game. They canceled twice at our place and then get rewarded.

Cincinnati now showing how they were very concerned about covid safety by getting a large gathering exemption from the state of Ohio
Considering Ohio has the 3rd highest rate of new infections per million people IN THE WORD. Only 2 places ahead of Ohio...Tennessee and Rhode Island. Lithuania, Latvia, and Georgia (the country) are 5,6 & 7. How the hell can UC think this is a good idea?

I’ve been to a college football game with 20,000 people this year. It was a million times safer than any grocery store, Quik Trip or office you’ve been in.

Ive also flown 200,000 miles since March and visited more than a dozen jails and prisons.

I get regular tests and am CoVid free (touch wood).

It’s doable. If people aren’t idiots and there’s space to escape those that are and still watch,

If people aren’t idiots and there’s space to escape those that are and still watch,
If you've been in OK, during this pandemic you know that the first one simply isn't possible here and encouraged to be morons by the chief #Stittiot himself.

Question is will they have Okie State enforcement or TU enforcement. Makes all the difference.

If you've been in OK, during this pandemic you know that the first one simply isn't possible here and encouraged to be morons by the chief #Stittiot himself.
There’s no substantive difference between the regions

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT