ADVERTISEMENT

AAC championship game idea

drboobay

I.T.S. University President
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2003
If Tulsa wins Saturday, play the AAC championship game at a neutral site and cancel the final regular season game between Tulsa and Cincinnati.

This only has a whiff of fairness if the game is moved to a neutral location. Maybe St. Louis? Dallas? Fan attendance is a non issue.

It would be a travesty if they cancelled and played in Cincinnati. Not suggesting that.

Why would we want to give up a home game and the potential for another home game a week later on ABC. Tickets have already been sold for the first one.
I'm just assuming he is just talking about the possibility, if the conference or Cincy tries to change it.

Winning 1 game at a neutral site seems like better odds than 2 at home.

Winning 1 game at a neutral site seems like better odds than 2 at home.
So you are betting the odds over guaranteed income and one or two home games. I'm not opposed to that. The take home if you are a winner is quite a bit more than the guaranteed income from one or two home games.

Reactions: drboobay
So you are betting the odds over guaranteed income and one or two home games. I'm not opposed to that. The take home if you are a winner is quite a bit more than the guaranteed income from one or two home games.
Exactly.

The ESPN guys were talking about whether the AAC should cancel the regular season Tulsa - UC game if Tulsa wins this weekend. They argued it improves the positioning of both teams for a NY5 game. If they split the games the conference champion won’t go to the Peach Bowl. The comments were made because the ACC has cancelled a game (think it involves Clemson) to ensure a ND - Clemson Championship Game and increase the odds that with a Clemson win both would go to the playoffs.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW and 4tu2
That would be a good idea, as long as the Championship game is here in Tulsa.

If they cancel our game, the most likely outcome is the championship game will be played in cincy
I don’t think it is fair to TU but it likely will make the conference more $$$. It gives the champion if UC a small chance for the playoff and if TU a chance to leap other teams for the Peach Bowl.

That would be a good idea, as long as the Championship game is here in Tulsa.
Seeing as how we'd be 6-0 at best, and Cincy'd be 7-0, the most favorable outcome we could hope for is neutral. The least favorable would be @Cincy. Under no circumstances would that ever be a home game for Tulsa. To get a home game we'd have to beat them in the regular season, and again in the title game. If it's a one game winner take all, our best hope is a neutral site.

If Tulsa wins Saturday, play the AAC championship game at a neutral site and cancel the final regular season game between Tulsa and Cincinnati.

This only has a whiff of fairness if the game is moved to a neutral location. Maybe St. Louis? Dallas? Fan attendance is a non issue.

It would be a travesty if they cancelled and played in Cincinnati. Not suggesting that.
Put Ur Pipe Down

How Much Meth U Been On

Apparently BYU was set to play Cincy this weekend but Cincy still has covid issues.
Not sure how much of that I believe. I can already tell they'll be cancelling next week so they get the championship in Cincy

Apparently BYU was set to play Cincy this weekend but Cincy still has covid issues.
Not sure how much of that I believe. I can already tell they'll be cancelling next week so they get the championship in Cincy
If we win tomorrow then I will be seven shades of pissed off if they cancel that game next week. Like they really care how I feel but I care.

Reactions: tulsahurricane0530
I agree. Been looking forward to this game all year. With a likely college game day in Tulsa. I know that means we'd have to beat them twice in a row, but I want it

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT