ADVERTISEMENT

20 early team winners of 2023 transfer portal offseason

chito_and_leon

I.T.S. Head Coach
Dec 5, 2003
I have no idea if these people know what they're talking about but I hope so.

https://bustingbrackets.com/2023/04...ly-winners-2023-transfer-portal-offseason/15/

15. Tulsa Golden Hurricanes​

There are a number of non-power conference programs that I could’ve included but one that really stood out is the work that head coach Erik Konkol has done so far at Tulsa. After winning just five games this past season, the roster has added a ton of talent, including four D-I transfers.

Cobe Williams reunites with Konkol after leaving Louisiana Tech, coming off a senior year of leading the team with 18.9 ppg and 4.1 apg. The 5’11 guard had 8+ points in every game and went for 20+ points in 11 of 23 games total. He’ll be paired in the backcourt with Keaston Willis, a four-year double-digit scorer also from La Tech, averaging 12.4 ppg last season on 38% shooting from deep.

The Hurricanes also are taking a couple of flyers on some power conference transfers. Chauncey Gipson is a 6’5 guard transfer from Clemson after redshirting, while also adding former top-100 prospect Isaiah Barnes, who played two seasons of limited minutes at Michigan.

If either one of them breaks out, that’s a lot of talent at Tulsa as they look to rebound as a program. With Houston and others gone, the path to moving up the AAC ladder is easier. It’ll depend on how the former La Tech guards do at the next level.

Reactions: Tulsafanzz

This is all I found.​

Tristan Freeman​

Writer at Busting Brackets here at FanSided since September of 2017. Promoted to co-expert of the site in February of 2018. Passionate basketball fan of both the pros and college and strives to get better as a writer through effort and hard work.
 Busting Brackets logo
Site Expert

Due to spelling issues my confidence is not high.

This is all I found.​

Tristan Freeman​

Writer at Busting Brackets here at FanSided since September of 2017. Promoted to co-expert of the site in February of 2018. Passionate basketball fan of both the pros and college and strives to get better as a writer through effort and hard work.
 Busting Brackets logo
Site Expert
I agree, nevadanaturals and TUMUs. Lol

Reactions: loca2874
Who are the Hurricanes?
I'm guessing half of the country couldn't find Oklahoma on a map, asking them to remember our noun count seems like a big ask.

States that I could not find on a map include: Nebraska, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Utah, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, West Virginia, the Carolinas (Nort, South, East), probably more.

I'm guessing half of the country couldn't find Oklahoma on a map, asking them to remember our noun count seems like a big ask.

States that I could not find on a map include: Nebraska, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Utah, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, West Virginia, the Carolinas (Nort, South, East), probably more.
While I don't necessarily disagree, if one is going to be a sports writer, they should do a little research and at least get the mascot correct. Maybe this is just a fan, with no knowledge of the subject matter, but the info isn't going to be taken seriously if the details are incorrect. JMHO

Reactions: Larry Lewis
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT