Chris Harmon

ITS Publisher
Staff
Aug 15, 2002
Tulsa, OK
tulsa.rivals.com
From a recent Rivals story...
-------------------------------------

6-6, 220 lb. power forward Jeriah Horne from Kansas City Barstow.

Horne's skills and toughness have him scoring 17.1 points per game for KC Run GMC shooting 51.4 percent from the floor, 76 percent on 65 free throws, and Jeriah has made a third of his 18 three-point attempts.

Horne is also a force on the offensive glass grabbing a couple offensive boards a game in UAA play. He averages 6.5 rebounds a contest plus leads his team in steals.

Horne is about to enter a massive summer where a lot of new schools are looking at him and he'll be playing against the best competition that the UAA can offer.

"I'm hearing more from Wichita State, Memphis, Tulsa, Creighton, Iowa State, Vanderbilt, and I just started talked to Clemson as well out of the ACC," said Horne.

"I'm really excited for July. I've been put in a great position to show my skills and to show that I've gotten even better since April and May. I'll be going to the Under Armour All American Camp which is July 7th through the 10th.

"That camp will give me a good chance to showcase my versatility and show all that I can do playing against all of the other top recruits playing within the Under Armour Association."

So many programs are talking to Horne that recruiting is something he is constantly dealing with.

Two weeks ago Horne also mentioned to GI that Pepperdine, Boston U, Loyola Chicago, Ole Miss, Nebraska, and LaSalle are also showing strong interest. For right now he wants to focus on playing and then he will worry more about a plan in August.

"I'll probably starting narrowing down some of the schools when I starting taking recruiting more seriously after the July period," said Horne.

Jeriah led his team to a state title this winter scoring between 18 and 19 a game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News