ADVERTISEMENT

2019 National Signing Day Primer

It's 1030, do you know where your slot guy & KR is? Young Mr. Korey King seems to be MIA. Hope it's just a "fax machine malfunction".

K. King signed(YEA!!). Carter not yet.

Last edited:
Defensive Line Summary:
Tulsa really finished strong with this class. Defensive line looks good.

Cooper Laake, DT, 6-3, 270, Austin, TX (Offers from Texas Tech, Oregon, Purdue, Houston, Colorado State).

Darrias Murdock, DT, 6-5, 267, Tulsa Union (#21 Rivals Sooner State Rankings, #23 Daily Oklahoman Super 30).

Raquan Thompson, SDE, 6-3, 270, Killeen, TX (Offers from Hawaii, AFA).

Lazarus May, DE, 6-4, 220, Port Arthur, TX (Offers from UNLV, UTEP).

Last edited:
Offensive Line Recruits Summary:

Chester Baah, OG, 6-3, 290, Tulsa Edison, (Offers from Navy, Texas State, #15 Rivals Sooner State Rankings, #23 Daily Oklahoman Super 30).

Tyler Smith, OG, 6-4, 312, Ft. Worth, TX (Houston, Navy, New Mexico).

Jeremy Jones, OT, 6-5, 301, Lewisville, TX (AFA).

Denzel Carter, TE, 6-5, 275, JUCO, St. Petersburg, FL (UCLA, San Diego State, Central Michigan, South Alabama).

Ethan Hall, TE, 6-3, 205, Bixby, OK (ULM, Missouri State, #19 Rivals Sooner State Rankings).

Last edited:
Reactions: quincy101
For a staff that went 3-9, there's some pretty capable youngsters in this group. Our D looks to continue success & be in good shape for the next several years & the O-Line the same (although some concern about this season). We'll see if E. Hall stays at TE, I'll bet he ends up at OLB. Kudos to staff for a better than expected class. We win 6 or 7 & Monty will be with us for some time. Deal with it!

Wide Receiver Summary:
Tulsa appears to have solved its QB problem. Given Tulsa's receiver problem, it would not surprise me to see King and Florez playing in 2019, especially with the 4 game rule that preserves elgability. Florez, a big receiver, might turn out like the Zaven Collins story. Florez played at two high schools, transferring his senior year. Florez also played both QB and WR. All this may have caused colleges to miss out on him.

Korey King, 5-10, 170, Missouri City, TX (Texas Tech, Colorado, Houston, Tulane, Southern Miss, UNT, UTSA, UTEP).

La'Darrion Florez, 6-2, 200, Friendswood, TX (#90 Houston Hot 100).

For a staff that went 3-9, there's some pretty capable youngsters in this group. Our D looks to continue success & be in good shape for the next several years. Kudos to staff for a better than expected class.

Tulsa finished very strong. I am in total agreement with you that the defense will be strong and have good depth. And remain strong into the future.

It appears UNT has become a recruiting rival of the Texas AAC schools and Tulsa.

Wide Receiver Summary:
Tulsa appears to have solved its QB problem. Given Tulsa's receiver problem, it would not surprise me to see King and Florez playing in 2019, especially with the 4 game rule that preserves elgability. Florez, a big receiver, might turn out like the Zaven Collins story. Florez played at two high schools, transferring his senior year. Florez also played both QB and WR. All this may have caused colleges to miss out on him.

Korey King, 5-10, 170, Missouri City, TX (Texas Tech, Colorado, Houston, Tulane, Southern Miss, UNT, UTSA, UTEP).

La'Darrion Florez, 6-2, 200, Friendswood, TX (#90 Houston Hot 100).
Florez and King are talented WRs. They will get the opportunity to play this season.

King seems extremely quick. Seems like he has the potential to be an all around speed guy to a lesser extent of what Damaris was. Let’s hope Montgomery can figure out how to sueño him correctly

Carter, Florez and King are going to light it up, I hope. Monty has to be adding more to the offense.

Last edited:
Reactions: HuffyCane
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT