ADVERTISEMENT

2017 TU Football Schedule and Spring Practice dates

I don't recall having the dates on the conference games previously. Not surprised TU gets stuck with 2 Friday games due to last year's success, although I don't like it. Hard to get from work; hard to compete for fans with high school

I don't recall having the dates on the conference games previously. Not surprised TU gets stuck with 2 Friday games due to last year's success, although I don't like it. Hard to get from work; hard to compete for fans with high school

I'm not a fan of those either but prefer them to the Thursday games.

I've seen OSU as a preseason top 10 and that's going to a helluva game for a QB to get their first start.
It would be pretty sweet, and possible, to come into homecoming 6-1. I do love that Houston is homecoming!

I'm happy with the homecoming date, was afraid it would be the next weekend and we have a conflict. And UH for homecoming is nice.

I think I'm going to the Friday night game at SMU for a girls weekend too. :D

Damn, we get Temple at home two weeks in a row. Crazy.
I must've misread the schedule. I thought it said we played USF or UCF at home after the Temple game. I'll have to get my reading glasses out to be sure which one. Those S's and C's are always tough on my eyes till later in the season. One thing I'm fairly certain of, I don't think I saw an @.

I'm happy with the homecoming date, was afraid it would be the next weekend and we have a conflict. And UH for homecoming is nice.

Agreed UH for homecoming is nice. Bummed Homecoming and Oktoberfest aren't on the same weekend though.

Friday game is a bad idea. It's week 10 of the high school football season and Senior Night at many area schools. I'll have a senior playing for the last time that night and will be attending the HS game. I'll bet I'm not alone.

Nine bowl teams on that schedule. Only three teams didn't go to bowl - UCONN, SMU, Tulane. All six of our home games are with bowl teams. Nice.

I really wish we got USF at home. Especially with the hatred this staff has for that staff.

ah now I get the reference - it's about Strong and the raid of Monty's staff

We (im assuming) lowered our payroll and had a record breaking year offensively. I doubt theres much hate from our side.

Agreed. And they left for a bigger check at one of the biggest programs in the country. It's not personal and I doubt Monty has much time or inclination for grudges.

But hey, if the scorned ex role is more motivation, sure! They're still only about number 4 or 5 on the list of teams on our schedule I want to wax though.

Reactions: jesterondirt
The friday games aren't the problem. My problem is that conference game way up in Conn, then playing our rival, SMU, also on the road, on a 6 day week. If that Conn game is at night, that is essentially five days to prepare for the coaches and four and a half for the players for SMU with diminished recovery time for any nicks and bruises. Not good. That type of stuff is disruptive to personal lives, particularly of the coaches, as well as the academic well being of the students. You can say "we will adjust", etc. But it is a different story when you land the plane at 4am and the players are still sleep disrupted on Monday.

Somebody somewhere said "Let's stick it to them", oh, and by the way, here's a ranked opponent to play for homecoming when your donors are in town.

This is the downside of a "anyone anytime" mentality. I say bring them on, but then again, Im not playing or making big money getting them ready.

I apologize if this has been posted somewhere and I missed it. Wondering what time TU spring practice times are. I found the schedule that lists the dates, but no mention of practice times that I have seen. Thinking about going this week or next before spring game.
Thanks in advance

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT