ADVERTISEMENT

2017 Schedule

TU_BLA

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2012
Tulsa, OK
A few of our games have already been hijacked for TV purposes. Game at USF is now on a Thursday and appears to be ESPN's featured game that evening. Game vs Memphis moved to Friday November 3rd. Great...expecting 10k fans with the other 20k attending HS football blowouts that night. According to Kelly Hines, TU will go 4 consecutive weeks without playing on Saturday.

A few of our games have already been hijacked for TV purposes. Game at USF is now on a Thursday and appears to be ESPN's featured game that evening. Game vs Memphis moved to Friday November 3rd. Great...expecting 10k fans with the other 20k attending HS football blowouts that night. According to Kelly Hines, TU will go 4 consecutive weeks without playing on Saturday.
They're both set for national tv on ESPN + ESPN2 though. That will be nice. I know Friday's aren't the most watched football night but it will certainly be more eyes than a Saturday morning on ESPNU

Reactions: TUBballJunkie
They're both set for national tv on ESPN + ESPN2 though. That will be nice. I know Friday's aren't the most watched football night but it will certainly be more eyes than a Saturday morning on ESPNU
The marketing department needs to start pushing that Memphis game HARD as soon as possible

Reactions: TUBballJunkie
We're on TV every week now...every game. While I appreciate getting to watch all the away games and the "exposure is nice" party line is still somewhat true, at what point does a 1/2 full stadium start to negatively impact recruiting. Right now it is not because Monty took a 2 win team and won 6 games year 1 and 10 games year 2 and he is a dynamic guy. Monty is convincing a higher quality of player to come to TU right now. At some point game day atmosphere is going to play a factor in a 4* kid coming here or not. If a 10 win team can't hit 85% capacity for every home game, especially a home slate like next year, it will become a deterrent to recruiting.

Reactions: tutailgator
We're on TV every week now...every game. While I appreciate getting to watch all the away games and the "exposure is nice" party line is still somewhat true, at what point does a 1/2 full stadium start to negatively impact recruiting. Right now it is not because Monty took a 2 win team and won 6 games year 1 and 10 games year 2 and he is a dynamic guy. Monty is convincing a higher quality of player to come to TU right now. At some point game day atmosphere is going to play a factor in a 4* kid coming here or not. If a 10 win team can't hit 85% capacity for every home game, especially a home slate like next year, it will become a deterrent to recruiting.

This years team may or may not be 10 win. If we start winning against the home schedule we're playing this year, fans will show up. If we beat OSU to open the season we should be in amazing shape. If not, it could be rough.

Did anyone notice that we're playing two triple option teams back to back next season, then Tulane with Fritz's offense which is ground based as well. I just hope we're healthy going into October.

Being on tv isn't created equal. Especially for a road game a Thursday night on the major network is probably preferable to a Saturday 11am among all the noise on a channel people can't find if they aren't looking specifically for it.

And if OSU also goes to a Thursday night...only 1 of these 4 non-Saturdays is a home game. Really not bad.

Reactions: astonmartin708
And selfishly, being in a city as diverse as Houston, there's little chance we're going to see our Saturday games at a sports bar unless we are playing a major opponent. So not only do we have to stay home, but people generally out at sports bars aren't going to see us in passing either. Thursdays and Fridays when we are the one game on the flagships? Different story.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
In the TV era, with much of the revenue generated from TV contracts, TU should consider lowering prices for prime seats. I'm fortunate to be able to afford the Club seats, but it chaps my A@@ to see all of the empty 50 yard line seats on the East side. It's worse in the early games with the sun and heat. WHY doesn't TU move the students to the center and fill one of the two sections. There isn't demand for those tickets. And, it's stupid to have the band in the end zone when there are acres of empty seats on the East.

Now, I jump off of my soapbox.

In the TV era, with much of the revenue generated from TV contracts, TU should consider lowering prices for prime seats. I'm fortunate to be able to afford the Club seats, but it chaps my A@@ to see all of the empty 50 yard line seats on the East side. It's worse in the early games with the sun and heat. WHY doesn't TU move the students to the center and fill one of the two sections. There isn't demand for those tickets. And, it's stupid to have the band in the end zone when there are acres of empty seats on the East.

Now, I jump off of my soapbox.

That is where the student section was when I went there. On the east side from the 50 to the 30 yard line on the south side of the field.

That is where the student section was when I went there. On the east side from the 50 to the 30 yard line on the south side of the field.

You can thank Mike Price for having the student section moved. It was back in '05 or '06 when he complained to the conference offices about our student section. After that season it was moved to to the southeastern corner, then moved again to where it is today.

You can thank Mike Price for having the student section moved. It was back in '05 or '06 when he complained to the conference offices about our student section. After that season it was moved to to the southeastern corner, then moved again to where it is today.
Roll Tide!

there is an easy fix for the Mike Price problem. Restrict the seats below the walkway to season ticket holders only from the 30-50.

Mike Price and that awful conference are long gone. So should the restriction on where the student section is located. Monty can help influence this as well.

Mike Price and that awful conference are long gone. So should the restriction on where the student section is located. Monty can help influence this as well.

Same crap happened in the early 90's when the band was directly behind the opponents bench and students were in close proximity. Evidently there were some things that the Miami bench didn't care for being said and the band playing during timeouts and disrupting their communication.

November 3 is Senior Night at most area high schools. Terrible night for a home game.

Same crap happened in the early 90's when the band was directly behind the opponents bench and students were in close proximity. Evidently there were some things that the Miami bench didn't care for being said and the band playing during timeouts and disrupting their communication.
Complaints coming from the dirtiest program in the nation at that time and we make changes... We need an AD that will tell opposing coaches to stick it!!

They should move the student section back to it's original place... And while there at it, it is time to turn the blind eye and start letting the students bring in their own ice chests of beer again!!!

there is an easy fix for the Mike Price problem. Restrict the seats below the walkway to season ticket holders only from the 30-50.
The problem is all the upper seats behind the boxes are chairbacks, all the ones in front are bench seating. Your not going to give the students the chair backs and the season ticket holds the benches

Reactions: Raisin_Cane
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT