ADVERTISEMENT

10th Assistant Coach proposal initially approved!

shon46

I.T.S. Defensive Coordinator
Sep 16, 2008
UK
Footballscoop is reporting that the initial vote has passed paving the way for the final April vote approving a 10th Asst coach. In concept this is a win for head coaches in helping to further develop players. Some of the other things discussed was the early signing day period scheduled for the third Wednesday in Dec and redshirt rule changes. Overall it's good to see these changes pass the initial proposal for the final vote.

Again, P5s will pay a 10th coach and start poaching the good assistants at places like TU because they can pay their 10th assistant more than we can pay our coordinators. I like an early signing period but not for that date...go back to July/August. 3rd week in December still allows the poaching and it locks a kid in before the carousel really gets going. Benefits P5s more but still hurts G5s

seems to be just another attempt to price out smaller schools

If this were politics there would be some left leaning pundit decrying how the rich keep getting richer... or how the system is rigged for the one percent..... but since it is the huge state schools benefitting...meh..

It's just another way they can pay their former players more. So many schools have already blurred the line anyway and have way more than 9 assistants. I think the big difference is how many staff members get to recruit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT