ADVERTISEMENT

Tulsa softball

I was expecting us to close the season around 6-3. If we get lucky tomorrow we'll close it at 3-6. Apparently all we are capable of is beating the non competitive conference mates. We are 0-8 against Charlotte, North Texas, and FAU. Can't see us beating FAU tomorrow, considering a win by them wraps up the first seed, and the regular season championship. They have little more to fight for than their pride. Oh well.

Girls lost their 4th straight today. Pitching has been a struggle down the stretch giving up an average of 8 runs per game over the last 4. Have some holes which need to be filled as well as an overall roster upgrade

Tulsa puts a 6 spot up in the top of the 5th, up 8-4 heading to the bottom of 5th against Wheat Shockers.

Our pitching has been down right atrocious over the last several weeks.
Poor defense lost this one, 5 unearned runs on 2 fundamental throwing errors lead to the 6 run outburst by WSU in the bottom of the 5th. Back in the 4th the 3B and SS colliding on a routine foul pop lead to another unearned run for WSU.

Reactions: eastcane
Poor defense lost this one, 5 unearned runs on 2 fundamental throwing errors lead to the 6 run outburst by WSU in the bottom of the 5th. Back in the 4th the 3B and SS colliding on a routine foul pop lead to another unearned run for WSU.
Defense has been an issue all season. I'm not sure I saw more than a couple of errorless defensive outings all season and that's an issue and puts a lot of extra pitches on the pitchers.

Maybe but we are 114th in the country in team ERA. That will not get it done if we have NCAA tourney aspirations.

We blew that lead but the umpire blew one that really hurt us Strimple was really mad you could read her lips she said it was bull :crap:.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT