(Tuesday) Signing Day Eve - Recruiting Notes

Chris Harmon

ITS Publisher
Staff
Aug 15, 2002
Tulsa, OK
tulsa.rivals.com
NEW COMMITMENT

You might remember that we talked about a kid a long time ago named Bryson Powers, teammate of Dante Bivens at Klein Collins. Powers was one of the first 2017 kids we followed, as he was Tulsa's top target for the Star LB spot. However, he committed to Harvard as a QB back in June and seemed solid with that. Well, that changed since last weekend, and he has committed to Tulsa as a LB. He hasn't announced it yet, and out of respect for him, I'm not going to say much about it until he talks to Harvard coaches. If he hasn't announced by tomorrow morning, I'll go ahead and add him to the commit list.

OTHERS TO KEEP AN EYE ON

The two to watch continue to be Plano OL Gerard Wheeler and Moorpark College DB Jalin Burrell. Nothing has changed since our update on them yesterday. Wheeler could possibly decide this afternoon. Burrell may not announce until he sends in his Letter-of-Intent to the school of his choice.

PREFERRED WALK-ON

Cannon Montgomery, son of TU head coach Philip Montgomery, will likely be announced as a preferred walk-on by Tulsa tomorrow in its official release.

Norman North QB Brandon Marquardt plans to visit Tulsa coaches next week and discuss possibly walking on. I think he's already had a visit with OSU coaches.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News